The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Dirty Sweaty Saturday

So I got up this morning and went to pilates again! I went out yesterday to Target (probably, no definitely, one of my favorite places in the entire world) to get a pilates mat. It's a bright neon yellowy green color. It's hot. After pilates I worked out on the eliptical to get in some cardio. It was hot in the gym. I was very sweaty. By the time I got home and finally got in the shower I felt so gross. After my shower I decided it was time to pick up all the random sticks in my backyard, remove the old dead tomato plants that had been planted last year before we moved in and start planting some flowers. When I was at Target I picked up a really cute watering can that matches my kitchen and some seeds and other gardening essentials...like gardening gloves that match my watering can. Have I mentioned how I am IN LOVE with Target!??!! OK, so I am very new at this whole gardening thing. I also have a tendency to kill ALL PLANTS, even when I water them and give them love. I even killed a cactus when I was in college. Maybe leaving it in my dark dorm room over winter break wasn't exactly "love," but I tried. Anyway, I planted some seeds in the dirt and watered them. Now only time will tell...
Anyone have any good gardening tips for a complete rookie??


Needless to say, I got dirty and sweaty and honestly it felt pretty good. I like gardening and doing yard work. I can't wait until we buy a lawn mower. We need to get one soon because the grass (and weeds) are coming up quickly. It's ro
ugh sometimes being young and not having a lot of $$ to get everything you need RIGHT NOW. We do what we can though. This is my first house and backyard that's my very own...it's hard work, but sometimes I like it. I'll keep you posted on the growth of my flowers. Oh, and I planted cucumbers too!

Time for another shower...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Patricia said…

    I LOVE TARGET!! It's one of my favorite stores, too!! I was there only two weeks or so ago and I'm already having Target withdrawal.

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    I go through withdrawl too...it's a sickness...a true addiction. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home