The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Do Something!

So I have been wanting to try a pilates class for a while now, but I kept flaking out. Going to the first class is always the hardest because you don't know what to expect, except that there will be a lot of people there who know what they are doing. I always find the first class to be a little bit intimidating. But I sucked it up because I also wanted to do this class as part of my journey toward a healthier lifestyle. Well, I did it and I actually liked it! I chatted with the instructor afterwards and she was really cool. She teaches classes Tuesday night and Saturday morning. I'm going to go out and buy myself a pilates mat this weekend and hopefully I'll stay motivated and keep going. I'm a little sore today, but not too bad. My advice of the day is--try something that you've always wanted to try but just haven't gotten around to it. Hey, I'm proud of myself just for going since it's something I'd been meaning to do for ages, but I just hadn't gotten around to it! You won't regret it and you might just like it!!! Have a great day!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Patricia said…

    Ever since Samantha from Sex & the City said that she was so toned because of pilates, I've been wanting to try it, too. Unfortunately all of the places that offer classes in my area are too expensive.

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    That's too bad all of the classes are too expensive. Luckily all classes are included in my way overpriced gym membership that I shouldn't even have because I am too "poor." (I say this in quotes because I realize poverty is a real problem and I am not actually poor.) Anyway, if I ever end up looking like one of the ladies from sex & the city, pilates will all be worth it! ;-)

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Anonymous janet said…

    I already was thinking about trying a pilates class at my gym next week but since I just read this post I am definitely going to do it now. So what if I am the only clueless one, right?

    And that is awesome that you lost so much on the SB diet -- I totally think it is a great diet, but it's so strict I worry that I would fail at it. There is just so much planning ahead you have to do, it kinda makes me nervous. That said, even if you don't do that diet 100% there are so many good things about it that you can incorporate in little ways too, I think. Anyway, that is a great accomplishment! Do you keep the weight off using SB too?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home