The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, April 06, 2006

(Inspired By Lauren)

I am actually really torn about what to think of these Crocs. I mean, I think they are weird in a very cute way. I do want a pair that I can use when I garden (which I have to learn how to do because I have a backyard now). But if I get them to garden in, can I also wear them in public? I have seen a few people wearing them out and they were, again, weird/cute. I was tempted to get a pair at the mall last week, but I held out. They had knock-offs at Walgreens for $10. I definitely think I might get a pair to wear around the house, but the question is, can I wear them in public (because I really might)? I mean, to the grocery store or if I'm out running errands--I wouldn't wear them to a restaurant and probably not the mall either. My other thought is that I wait and see if the trend catches on and I see more people wearing them. I am a Libra--easily influenced. I also tend to like and follow trends. I am okay with this.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    I feel your pain! After wearing them in the garden and around the house all day I really felt as if I could wear them out. I too had seen people wearing them out and about. But still had reservations. So being the born researcher that I am I went to the Crocs offical webpage www.crocs.com, I don't know what I was searching for: some fun new colors or validation that I can wear them out. And I found the testimonials page with pictures of people wearing their crocs out! Now that I know tons of people do, I feel better. But, I'm not a "trendy" person and still feel a little uncomfortable about wearing them in public...but if I decide to it's ok.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Patricia said…

    I have never liked these shoes. I find them really goofy and awkward-looking. I have no idea how they caught on. Personally, I would rather stick to my good ol' flip flops.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Anonymous spanky said…

    what patricia said. only i prefer bare feet in the yard. except at night. it is no fun to have a slug squish between your toes.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    These shoes are really growing on me and I have decided to get a pair! Barefoot in my yard is no good with all the dog crap.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well then, Randy, pick up the dog crap in your back yard. I vote no on the shoes. For the garden or anywhere else.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    thanks Mom or I mean, anonymous. jerk! ;-)

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They remind me of wooden shoes gone awry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home