The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, April 10, 2006

United 93


So the other day Edgar and I went to see Inside Man. I highly recommend seeing this film, especially if you enjoy Spike Lee joints. Anyway, we were actually there early enough to watch the previews. There was a preview for the movie United 93. Let me tell you, this movie is going to be intense. I can watch the Titanic because I'm far enough removed from the situation, but during the preview that lasted only a few minutes my heart started racing and I started to get really upset and I had to stop myself from all out crying. I do want to see this movie in the way I wanted to see Passions of the Christ, but it is going to be extremely hard to watch. How do you guys feel about this movie? Do you think it's too soon?

4 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    You left me a comment on my blog...but I can't respond because I don't have your e-mail address.

    E-gads!!

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I know that I am not ready and I feel as though I am fairly removed from the situation relative to someone who lives in NY or someone who lost someone close to them in the disaster. I don't think the nation is ready. I read an article about this on Slate (I think) and it was all about this. How timely.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Patricia said…

    I LOVED Inside Man. It was such a great movie!

    I had the exact same reaction when I saw the United 93 preview. Although 9/11 didn't have any huge impact on my life (I didn't personally know any of the victims) the preview still had a huge affect on me emotionally. I doubt I could sit through the entire movie if the trailer alone shook me up as much as it did.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    I completely agree with you Patricia...I also didn't know any of the victims, but that movie is going to be so hard to watch if I decide to even watch it, which I'm sure I will.

    I'm glad you liked Inside Man too, I was a big fan. (i think i remember reading about it in your blog) The actors were great and Spike Lee is great at subtly and sometimes not so subtly making a statement about race in America. He makes his films political, but they are never over the top.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home