The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Sunday, May 21, 2006

I'm moving up in the world

Shut up dishwasher and get back in the kitchen and do my dishes, damn it!

Yesterday Edgar and I went to pick out a dishwasher from Lowes! Finally, after almost 8 months of doing the dishes BY HAND like poor, poor Cinderella, we bought a dishwasher. Edgar likes to say, "I bought YOU a dishwasher," but this is just because he is a bastard and doesn't help out with the dishes nearly enough. I'm.not.bitter. So today he and Vidal are going to go pick it up and install it themselves. It really is great to have do-it-yourself-ers around! The only time it's not is when Edgar insists that we don't need to buy certain things when he can obviously build them himself. And I'm sure he can, but it's a risk because I am never quite sure what it's going to look like. (What?? Dominicans are tacky sometimes!!!!) You wouldn't believe some of the things he wore before he met me!! I will share some photos with you someday! :-)

Anyway, the important thing is...WE ARE GETTING A DISHWASHER!!! YEE HAW!

......................................................
Update: I am still feeling a little sick with a cold, but I'm not too bad. I did cancel my personal training appointment with Frank, but I rescheduled for next Saturday. So that means I have to go another week before I look exactly like Jessica Simpson. Obviously. It will happen.

Oh, and I think for the baby shower I might get decorations to match their nursery. Blues, yellows, greens--they have a star/moon theme. What do ya'll think?

2 Comments:

  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    dishwashers are the best! In college I lived in an apt. with 5 other girls. Everyone always put their dishes in the sink and expected someone else to do them. But of course no one would so we would have piles of gross dishes laying in the sink until someone broke down and washed them. It was disgusting.
    Are you feeling better today...I need an update.

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Lauren, thank you for your concern about my health. I am congested, but I am feeling a bit better this morning. Hopefully within a few days I'll be back to new.

    The breaking down and washing the dishes sounds so familiar. It's always me who breaks down...even if Edgar was supposedly going to do the dishes days ago. I am anal about those things though and he really isn't. It's very frustrating! Hopefully the dishwasher will help! YAY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home