The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Oh Baby


This is V* and J*. V* is Edgar's brother. J* is his sister-in-law. They are my friends. J* is pregnant. She is due July 24. I learned from Isabel that the baby might not really be here on July 24.

There will be a baby shower for them at their house next Sunday for brunch. I was going to throw the shower for them, but it's a long
story I'm not going to waste time telling, but basically they didn't really want me to throw them a shower in the end, what they wanted was to have say in just about everything, but still have me "throw" it. This made me upset so I said, nevermind, I will help out, but I won't be in charge. Anyway, moving on. I have been put in charge of invitations, which I have already sent out, and decorations. So I have one week to come up with decorations. I want it to not be too "boy" themed. I want more greens and pinks. I know that J* will like this much more. I might add in some blue, like an "It's a Boy" sign or something, but I know she'd rather not have it all blue. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions to make this classy and cute, yet keeping it on the inexpensive side??

............................................................

So I leave the internet world for a good 24 hours and I come back to this??? Britney almost dropped her baby!! I should never leave again!!! I don't know Brit, I just don't know. I mean, on one hand every kid gets dropped accidentally or gets hit in the head with a golf ball or falls down the stairs in one of those walker things that are not being sold anymore because they are too dangerous, but were definitely the thing to have back in the early 80s. Kids put their hands on hot grills when told not to and pull fire place tools on their face because they are trying to pull themselves up onto the ledge thing in front of the fire place. I mean, these are just a few examples of what kids might do. That doesn't make their parents bad. Things like that just happen. But some things are avoidable, like driving with your child on your lap. So, I just don't know what to think about the Britney/Sean P situation. And what about Kevin? Why do I never see him out with the baby?? I just don't know...

...............................................................

One more thing...non-baby related:

So my throat still hurts, but I don't feel too bad otherwise. I hope I don't somehow get worse...I hope this is the extent of it. I have still been Zicam-ing. I feel like this is the start of a bad cold or something, but the bad cold hasn't come yet, so hopefully it won't. As part of my "journey" to a healthier life, I made an appointment with a personal trainer at my gym for tomorrow morning. As long as I feel okay I am still going to go, if not I will reschedule for next week. I am trying to accomplish goals I have made for the year, little by little. So far I have read a book, gone to pilates (I am still going at least once a week--I love it!), and worked at having better body image. I hardly said anything bad about myself lately. I am trying really, really hard not to. The past few days I've been eating so much junk food and my weight is up a couple pounds, so it makes it hard not to bash myself, but I'm trying not to. I actually think overall that I look pretty good!!! I'm not even just saying that. I know where I want to improve (legs, thighs, butt) and I think a trainer will help with that and help me to be more motivated, but honestly, I think I'm pretty hot!!! ;-)

Another goal of mine is to volunteer--I think this will be good on a few different levels. 1. It will give me something other than work and what I do in my spare time to be involved in, 2. It will hopefully allow me to meet new people, and 3. I'll be supporting a cause. So I signed up to go to volunteer training at Planned Parenthood. It's about 2 weeks away. Hopefully I won't flake out and get nervous and not go. Apparently they train us on the "issues" and then we can sign up to go to events to get "the word" out. It sounds interesting. I am trying to get excited so maybe I will actually go.

I was going to sign up to run a race because it's a fear and also something I really want to accomplish. I think I've already flaked out on that one, but baby steps, maybe later this year or next year. I also REALLY need to write poetry!!!!!!!!! I keep promising myself I will--I just need to dig in and do it and do it regularly too!!!

Overall, I am proud of what I'm accomplishing so far this year...I know they aren't huge things, but to me they are because I'm confronting anxieties and actually following through instead of saying "I should do this" or "I should do that." It's all really helping me feel healthier on many different levels.


Ok, I guess I had a lot on my mind. If you've read this far, thank you. It was a lot of rambling, but I needed to get it all out. Thanks for listening faithful friends!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home