The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Aunt Lindsey

As of Tuesday night I officially became an unofficial aunt. Jazmin and Vidal (Edgar's brother and sister-in-law) welcomed their son Vidal Joaquin III into the world. You may remember the baby shower.

It was really overwhelming. I've never been right there at a birth before and although I didn't see the baby being born (it was a C-section anyway), I was there right afterward. The way life happens is just so amazing, incredible, seriously I just don't have the words to explain how I feel about it. I can't wait to someday have one or two of my own. I'm not overly religious and I don't go to church nearly enough, but its in situations like this that you just can't deny God's presence. I'm sure being there at a person's death is like that too, but in a different way.

Anyway, I am Auntie Lindsey! I wish I was Auntie Anne's...mmm pretzels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home