The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, August 28, 2006

Sexyback...as in, I'm sexy and back

Hey ya'll! Sorry I haven't posted in forever. Did you miss me? Maybe you did. Maybe not...

Not only have I been pretty busy lately, but I honestly just needed to take a break from blogging. I wasn't feeling very into it at the moment. Anyway, I just got back from a week of visiting my family in Upstate New York. It was tons of fun and relaxing too. I didn't want to come back. I also realized that I've acquired a fear of flying. I was like freaking out on the plane...I'm looking around at all of the calm, sleeping people thinking, "Why are you so calm??! We could die in a fiery crash seconds from now and all you can do is sleep?!!" I could feel my heart pumping hard in my chest. I think this new fear is from hearing about people dying and bad things happening all the time that it freaks me out--who is to say I won't die tomorrow? (please God don't punish me with irony) Life is so fragile that it freaks me out to put trust in some pilot...and some aircraft! But then I get in a car almost every day. Just sitting in my house. Just walking outside. Anything could happen. Absolute security does not exist and it freaks me the hell out! Then I get back and two days later there is a plane crash in Kentucky to freak me out even more! Those poor people. There was a couple headed off to their honeymoon...can you imagine? How tragic!

Anyway, enough of my ranting and fears. In happier news, I adopted a little poodle girl just two weeks ago! Her name is Zoey.
Damn...I just tried to post a picture, but it didn't work. My internet connection has been really screwy lately. Anyway, that is your brief update as to what has been going on in my life recently.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    Well hey Debbie! That sure was an uplifting commentary. I'm crawling back under the covers now where I MIGHT have a better chance of surviving the day. It was nice having you home. A few more days to just hang out and go for walks would have been nice.
    Ok, Miss Sunshine... stay safe out there!

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    Let's hear more about this new poodle. And see pictures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home