The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Am I up for a challenge?

For the past few days I've been thinking...should I commit to posting every single day in November? Am I setting myself up for failure? Maybe. But I think I'll give it a try anyway. Some of the posts might be pure gibberish, but who cares? I'm going to do it. I will post every day in November! Get fired up!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

As I sit here digesting my french toast, I can't help but sigh as I look at the pile of laundry, the dirty floors and think about the amount of cleaning that needs to be done. I don't think I was meant to be a housewife. After working all day, the last thing I want to do is come home and clean and on the weekends I'd rather have fun and relax. And the thing is, I hate when things are dirty and crap is laying all over the house making it look messy. I am actually pretty anal by nature, but this house does not project that. Which is why when I am in the house and it isn't clean, I get frustrated and sometimes angry or upset. I have been known to flip out and just start cleaning everything in a fit of rage. Yes, disorder makes me fill with rage. And I live with a man who is very laid back and frankly kind of messy. The good thing is, he does help with the cleaning, but to him it's like a weekend project, when I would much rather pick up after myself during the week (which I do). I wish I had the money to just hire someone to clean for me. And the thing is, if I lived alone my apartment or house would look so nice for the most part. There is something about living with the person I love that makes me want to relax and hang out with him rather than clean. What is a girl to do??

How do you guys keep things looking nice? What is your secret?

Well, I am going to get off my ass now and start cleaning. Even though I would much rather be spending a day by myself at the mall with the birthday money my parents gave me. Grrr...there aren't enough hours in the day and days in the week.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    Mmm... french toast. I had Kashi... the kind that looks like dry cat food.
    Interesting. I don't recall you being so anal about your bedroom or bathroom at home... although you did make your bed (in a way) every day. Maybe removing your shoes (and a few dogs) would help with the dirt problem. Also refinishing your floors would help (some), too. Unfortunately, cleaning is constant. Maybe buy some Swiffer dust mop thingies for quick swipes around the edges?
    Yeah. Ok. Back to MY cleaning!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home