The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Best Birthday EVER!

This past Monday, October 16, was my 25th birthday! I am now officially on a slippery slope to 30! Anyone 30+ wants to slap me now and that's okay. I understand. Anyway, moving right along...

Last week I decided that I was going to throw myself a birthday party. I decided to have a wine and cheese party for the Saturday just before my birthday. I sent out the evite and people responded. Everything was set! I would get up Saturday, cook up some food, shop for wine and cheese, decorate a little bit and then party down. Sarah and Michael had invited Edgar and me out to dinner Friday night since the four of us haven't hung out together in a while. This sounded fun to me--the perfect way to kick off my birthday weekend...

If you ever need to lie to me, go for it. Chances are, I will believe everything you tell me because 1) I am gullable 2) I trust my friends and 3) I take things at face value.

Edgar and I were on our way to Sarah and Michael's apartment because Michael was going to show Edgar his new computer. Then we were going to go out to dinner. When we got there, everything seemed very normal. We went upstairs, knocked on the door and...


SUPRISE!!!!

That's right! They got me good! I had absolutely, I mean absolutely NO IDEA. All of my friends from Virginia were there! Sarah and Michael, Edgar obviously, ZackandPete, Vlad, Lauren, Stacia, Jazmin and the baby, Edgar's mom...and Vidal was running late because he had to work late. Totally normal if you ask me. Many times he has been late because of work.

This brings me to the biggest suprise of them all...Vidal came in and yelled suprise and I was just like YAY back at him, but he was standing right in front of me. When he moved away I looked over and MY MOM was there!!! All the way from Syracuse, New York! She had booked her flight that morning and flown in just to suprise me for my birthday (and my mom is not a very spontaneous person--she likes to plan ahead like I do). My dad couldn't believe she actually went through with it! So not only did Sarah and Edgar...mostly Sarah...throw me the coolest party of my life, but I got to spend the whole weekend with my amazing mommy! Saturday we went to the mall and to dinner and then Sunday she, Edgar and I went pumpkin picking. I just tried to add some pictures, but it wasn't working. I will post pictures ASAP. Anyway, it was an amazing weekend. I don't think I could have planned it better, that is, if I had planned it.

I especially want to thank Sarah--you are a beautiful, caring, sweet, incredible lifefriend. The fact that you would do all of that just for me, means so much to me. Your friendships means so much to me. Thank you.

Edgar--my sweet love, thank you for all you did to help Sarah and all you did for me. I've never had a boyfriend like you. Nor have I ever had a friend like Sarah.

I heart my friends. Never did I think I would find such love in Virginia. Thank you.

(If you would like to see pictures from the evening please visit Sarah Says)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home