The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Just another one of Randy's Revelations

Sarah Says that her blog is over a year old and that reminded me...so is mine! Just like Sarah, I also committed to a hobby for longer than a week or two (for me, that is amaaazing)! And as I promised from the very beginning, I have kept things completely random! I tried to do the exploration of a healthy lifestyle theme for a while, but just like most of my hobbies, the idea soon faded. But I still try to be healthy and soon you might hear more about it--you just never know. However, I really encourage you to ask me questions, give suggestions and just tell me what you want to know or a topic you would like me to discuss. Thanks for stopping by, hanging out and getting to know me a little better. I look forward to another great year! And remember, I always appreciate comments...

Okay what I really mean is COMMENT DAMNIT OR ELSE! Okay, that's more like it.

Anyway, let the randomness begin!


Today during my lunch break I went to Target (best store ever)! Actually the best store is the Target a few towns over that has a Starbucks inside of it. Can you say heaven? But I digress. So I saw this hat on sale...
and they had this cowgirl inspired shirt on sale from the "designer" section. This of course means I am going to be a country singer for Halloween. Duh. But the best part, I will definitely wear the shirt again and hello a cowgirl hat?! Of course I will wear that again!! Everyone needs at least one. And the "costume" only cost me $19. Pretty sweet deal, especially since my sister Sara must have paid at least $40+ to get a costume similar to this...


I said she should have been a beer keg (they sell said costume at Target FYI), but then I realized that no one really wants to f*** a beer keg.

I could have sworn I just heard the pot say something to the kettle.

Because it is possible that I put on the cowgirl hat tonight to show Edgar my purchase and I may have mentioned something about a bedroom rodeo. coughslutcough

Just clearing my throat.


But hasn't Halloween really just become a holiday that gives women an excuse to dress trashy? As if we needed one, right. And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because in college it's not like I was going to dress like a ghost or a pumpkin and go to a frat party. Although I'm sure some girls would have benefited from the sheet over the head ghost costume (oh no she di'in't). Nope, for me it was either an angel or a devil. So cliche, but the party was called Heaven and Hell so it was fitting. Both require only a few costume pieces and some lingerie-type garments. Classy. But let's face it, it was FUN and for women like me who dress
preppy/classic/traditional/tasteful on a daily basis it was fun to have Halloween as an excuse to look like a tramp. So to conclude, I am not judging women who like to sex up their Halloween--I've done it! It's just so different from when I was a kid living in Central New York, trying to come up with a costume to fit over a snow suit. Yes I have trick-or-treated in the snow before (the belly dancer costume for girls was so cute, but I would have had to be one "voluptuous" belly dancer). But the point is, love Halloween, enjoy Halloween--its the best holiday of the year (excluding Christmas)!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Of COURSE you mentioned a bedroom rodeo. How could you not? We know how you are Randy.

    I totally agree with your assessment of halloween costumes. Everything is "sexy" or "naughty." But really, who wants to be a regular nurse?

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    I'm thinking a trashy cowgirl would wear nothing but leather chaps. Have I ever told you the 'rodeo sex' joke? So yeah... I'm thinking you with a cowgirl hat and western style shirt you'll fit right in with your neighbors. No one will realize you have a 'costume' on. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home