The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Just a whole lot of fun...

Instead of trying to explain why I haven't updated my blog in who knows how long because of my blogrebellion, I'm just going to give you some fun pictures, updates and fun facts! I hope you enjoy them.


Here are a couple pictures of Zoey, my new little girl...

Bugs would never be jealous of his new sister...


nooo, not Bugs.

Update: This weekend I am throwing myself a birthday party!! It is going to be a wine and cheese party and it will take place at my house. Sarah is helping me plan it so it is sure to be a "high class" event. The evite is even entitled, "Bringing Classy Back with Wine and Cheese." Think plastic wine glasses and cheap wine. Hey, I'm not made of money here, people.

Fun Facts: Pink is my favorite color. I love green too. I will be 25 yea
rs old on October 16.

Edgar and I went to the Richmond Science Museum a few weeks ago. When Edgar and I first started dating it seemed like we didn't have a lot in common...because in a way, we didn't. Not in terms of what we liked to do anyway. Well, after two years of living together, that has all changed. I'm so impressed at how Edgar has really grown up and become a man. I don't mean this in a condescending way. I really mean it in a positive, I heart Edgar so much, cheesy way.

Edgar and a Brasilian man come together to make the world stop spinning.
Fact: In my 25 years I have learned a lot of things. Some of the best and sometimes hardest things I've learned so far are

1) You can't blame other people for your choices. Your choices are your own and you have to live with them and take responsibility for them.
2) The world doesn't revolve around you or me.
3) You can listen to all of the advice in the world, but in the end you have to do what you want to do.

4) Even though it might not sound like fun (and it isn't always fun), not being financially dependent on your parents is is a freedom in itself.
5) It's okay to get off of your soap box.
6) People who love you for being you are some of the best people you will EVER meet.
7) You attract more bees with honey.

8) I've learned that my parents are two of the coolest people in the world and fun to hang out with (even though I've known this for quite some time). I've also learned that it's normal to be scared over the simple fact that your parents are getting older.
9) You can go back, but it won't be the same.
10) You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need.


I went home for a week in August. This is my silly sister, Sara, trying to grab my mom's boobs. Awesome.

Fun Fact: I love goats. We were at a country store in my town (sells cute candles, country style decorations for the home, jewelry, etc.). It's the best because they have goats outside. I call it "going goating" when we go there because I am weird. Here is one of the goats that was outside the day we went.


I was taking too long (go figure) and Mom and Sara wanted to go in the store and didn't want to take a picture with me and the goats. Forget them! Instead I took a picture of myself with the goats.

Just trust that the goats were out there.

Final Fun Fact of the Night: I love Halloween and if you don't know how much I love Halloween...like LOVE Halloween, then you are not a true friend.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I'm so glad you're back and that the rebellion is over. And I'm glad that you're feeling so happy with Edgar. Yay! Now tell me, how did you get so smart with all of your words of wisdom? Randy is WISE.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    What? The world doesn't revolve around me??

    Love the pics. THanks for the update!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home