The Good Kind of Dorky


Friday, November 10, 2006


Edgar and I decided to get a head start on our weekend of painting our house. The plan was to paint the bedroom, dining area, living room and possibly my office/glorified closet. We have been getting mold on our bedroom walls. We clean it with diluted bleach, but it still keeps coming back. So a kind Lowes employee suggested we use an oil based primer and a paint with some gloss to prevent the mold from growing. We decided to prime the bedroom. We started priming and probably about 20 minutes later I thought I was going to pass out from the fumes. If you've never used an oil based primer just know that it is much, much stronger than regular primer. We opened the windows, but other than that the room is not very well ventilated. Do you know the feeling when you are drunk and just starting to sober up? That is how I have felt for the past 3 hours. Lights bother me and everything is a little blurry. You know how your face looks weird when you are drunk and you look in the mirror? Yeah, that happened to me. The fumes are that bad. I've never experienced anything like this while completely sober. I do not like it. It sucks. I feel dizzy as I'm writing this. There is no way we can sleep in there tonight so instead we are having a slumber party in the living room and sleeping on the air mattress. It's going to be sooooooooo romantic, that is, if the room stops spinning. Okay, I have to go now--I think I'm gonna pass out.

Oh I almost forgot to mention. I did 30 min of cardio thursday morning and I went on a light jog/walk this morning and walked for my 30 min lunch break at work.


  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    I've never used an oil based primer...hopefully I'll never have to.
    How are you feeling today, hungover?


Post a Comment

<< Home