The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, November 06, 2006

It Totally Screamed Stacia!

So today at work one of my coworkers, Abigail, asked if I could pick up a cake for her tonight. Sarah couldn't pick it up because she had class until 9 and Abigail lives in Culpeper, about an hour and a half away. She only works in our Richmond office once or twice a week. Her son's 28th birthday is tomorrow and he really wanted a vegan cake. He isn't vegan, but he loves their cake so Abigail wanted to surprise him. At first I was like, whatever, no big deal, I can pick up a cake for her. I didn't think it was going to be that exciting of a night, and I wouldn't say it was exciting, but I had a really fun night with Edgar. First we went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant (no place fancy) and then headed to Elwood Thompson's an all natural, organic, etc. etc. you get the idea, market in Carytown, the kind of artsy, funky part of Richmond. It's a street with all kinds of goodness--boutiques, Stacia's favorite wine store, funky furniture, jewelry stores, etc. I had never been in Elwood Thompson's before and let's face it, I eat meat, drink Starbucks and shop at Target. I'm not really the organic, tree-hugger type, although I completely admire and respect that type of lifestyle. And honestly, if I could afford to do my grocery shopping at Elwood Thompson's, I totally would! There is a high price to pay for organic. Edgar and I had so much fun though looking at all of the organic, all natural foods and household products. Seriously, it was a learning experience. The place totally screamed Stacia. And thanks to Stacia I was totally able to tell Edgar all about "free birds" and "farm raised fish." I even bought myself a vegan cookie and while eating it I said "I could totally be vegan." Oh wait, that would only be possible if all I ate were cookies! I used to date a guy who was vegan for a while until he decided to eat steak because he wanted to be a corporate lawyer and didn't want to look like a sissy at his future business dinners. No, I am not making this up. Anyway, I once tried to be vegan for a day. It lasted until I went out to dinner that night and had chicken fingers.

I'm tired now and rambling and have to go to bed, but the point of all of this was to say, I didn't expect to have fun tonight, but it was surprisingly a really good time. Sometimes my favorite times with Edgar are random nights like tonight.



Exercise Tracker: Yesterday I went on a 30 minute walk and today I went to the gym before work and did 30 minutes of cardio and I also went for a 30 minute walk during my lunch break! Yay!

7 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you SO SO SO SO SO much for picking up the cake. I owe you big time. I'm glad it turned out to be fun.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    what kind of cookie?
    I like cookies.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    Congrats on the exercising! You and I are on the same track, it seems.

    Also, I could never be vegan. Say good-bye to hamburgers? Milk? Ice cream? Chicken? I would die from the shock.

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Lauren--the cookie was a super all natural vegan chocolate cookie with chocolate chips and some nuts. It was decent.

    Frema--Go us! And yeah, icecream is a staple food for me and although I like cows, I reaaallly like hamburgers. :-)

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Anonymous spanky said…

    free bird? like lyndard skynard? (you're 25 and you're a yankee---do you even get that reference?)

    ha ha ha i crack me up.

    its "free range." :-)

    ellwood thompson's and the belief that i could change the world with my wallet is one of the biggest reasons that i am in major debt right now.

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Spankster, the brand was free bird because that bird was free range at one time in its life...like back when it had one. And YES, Yankees definitely know Lynyrd Skynyrd. You are your stereotypes. :-)

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    are=and I can't spell

     

Post a Comment

<< Home