The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's almost turkey time!

Edgar's family is coming into town for Thanksgiving. I just got back from his mom's house, which is where we went for dinner. Vidal, Edgar's brother, put on the documentary Okie Noodling for us to watch--I'm not sure why, I think he just wanted to make fun of it. I had never heard of it before, but it is about these guys in Oklahoma who catch catfish with their bare hands. They were totally redneck, but to be honest it was a really interesting documentary...it really is a way of life for these people, there is a whole culture of noodlers. Even though a lot of these people have teeth missing and tabacco in their cheeks, it is still fascinating to watch.

Anyway, we just got home and I almost forgot to blog. I had a few drinks and I worked all day and it is past my bedtime so I am so sleepy. Tomorrow I am waking up to cook and hopefully make it to the gym too! I made it to the gym after work today! I've been doing pretty well, even though I am not going to meet my goal of working out everyday. The goal has certainly been a motivation for me! Ok, I have to get ready for bed and take care of baby Zoey poodle girl. I hope everyone has fun cooking, visiting family and all that good stuff! Good night!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Oh please don't think that we are all like that. You had me laughing so hard, I have tears in my eyes.

    A couple of years ago we saw the same thing and we had our jaws dropped. We thought it was fake. It was the first I have ever heard of "noodling".

    We do have a lot of those rednecks but we aren't all like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home