The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Lovin' the 4 Day Weekend

This afternoon and evening was fun. Edgar and I started a little bit of Christmas shopping and then we went to see the new Will Ferrell film, Stranger Than Fiction. I thought it was going to be more of a comedy, but it really wasn't. The regular showing was sold out so we went to the hearing impaired showing, with the English captioning. It wasn't hard to find a seat, in fact, we were the first ones in the theater! Harold Crick (Will Ferrell) is the main character in an author's novel and he can hear her narrating his life. Having the captioning added another element to the film, so having to go to the hearing impaired showing was actually quite serendipitous. Edgar and I both really liked this film and we suggest that you see it too.

On another note, if I eat another bite of food I think I will go into permanent food coma. All I have done is eat, eat, eat for the past three days. It's getting so the thought of eating anything else is kind of grossing me out. After the movie we went to get dinner. I had a salad. A salad with steak, blue cheese and bacon on it. Healthy. However, I can say that I have exercised the past three days though so I've at least off-set a calorie or 300. Today I had a great cardio work out at the gym, yesterday I walked the dog and the day before I did cardio at the gym. I love working out on Thanksgiving, before the gym closes early at 2 :00 p.m. I don't know why I love it so much. Maybe because it isn't crowded, but more because I feel this unspoken bond with the other people in there. These are the people who know they are going to pig out later that day and are at least doing a little something about it, even if they will eat their body weight in stuffing and turkey in just a few hours. Those people in the gym on Thanksgiving morning, they aren't psycho, those are my people. So only a few more days to go for NaBloPoMo and my goal to work out everyday in November, which I've already "failed" so I am pushing for an A for effort. I kind of counted painting and cleaning all day as cardio once or twice, but I'll deduct a day for those two days combined because technically it doesn't count. So I think it has been about 5 days that I've missed so far this month, with really isn't too bad at all. I'm going to keep it up in December too, although it will be a little harder to work out all the time with traveling and all of that good holiday stuff.

Well, I am going to go snuggle on the couch with my lovah.

OH WAIT, before you go...

Sara, my sister, spent Thanksgiving at my parents house (without me!) and her boyfriend Chris came to visit her. Let's take a vote. Does he resemble the unabomber or not?

Good thing this one is labeled "The Unabomber" or else you may have thought my sister actually got her picture taken with Mr. Unabomber himself.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe you're comparing your sister's boyfriend to the unabomber for all the internet to see. That is awesome. Unfortunately, I'll have to agree with you. The picture with Sara is like "The Unabomber--the younger years" Sad day.

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    Oh man. And with Chris's anti-establishment views...and he does love to camp/hide out in the woods for days. (gasp) You know, it's said that everyone has a 'twin' somewhere. Creepy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home