The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Must Post Must Post Must Post

I can't believe it is day number 2 and already I am thinking, what am I going to post about?! I am falling apart under all of this pressure :-)

Today I went to Culpeper, Virginia. I work in non-profit fundraising and I raise money for our retirement communities, one of which is in Culpeper. To promote our planned giving society we host coffeehouse type events in the communities. I'm basically the one who plans the event and puts together a program that includes resident performances. We had a guitar player, a poet, a story teller, etc. It turned out to be a great day even though it began with a crisis over not having easels to display artwork at the event. Anyway, once that problem was solved it was smooth sailing. After the event I was even invited back to the poet's room to see the view from her apartment. Interacting with the residents and other people associated with the organization is one of my favorite parts of my job.

Another good part of the day was that the drive was beautiful and the leaves have turned colors, but are still on the trees! About half of the drive is through small towns and farm land--I secretly desire to live in a rural place like that. Of course I would have to be able to get to a mall without having to drive more than 30 minutes.

When I got home this evening I was so beat, but my wonderful boyfriend took me out to eat, we came back and watched The Office (HEART!) and now I am thinking about passing out. Edgar and I got up early and took the dogs for a run (AWWWW, family time at 5 am). It was so nice to begin my day going out and doing something with Edgar before the sun even came up. And he was the one who suggested we go running which is even more amazing. So now, my blog post has turned into what I did today, but seriously, I am just so tired I can't come up with anything great. Hope I haven't bored you too badly. Come back and visit tomorrow.

Goodnight!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    We haven't watched The Office yet. When Luke and I get back from our Kentucky visit, it'll be one of the first things we do.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Anonymous janet said…

    hey I do non profit fundraising too! but it's mostly grantwriting, not event planning :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home