The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NaBloPoMo


So this morning I woke up actually a bit stressed out about posting. Should I post while I eat my breakfast? Should I show up to work later than usual so I can get my post done for day 1 of NaBloPoMo?? What if something happens like a tornado or terrorist attack or mudslide and I can't post after work? Then what? Then I have failed. I don't want to fail!

Well, the world didn't end and here I am, ready for the challenge. I also decided that in conjunction with posting this month I am also going to challenge myself to do some form of exercise everyday of November as well. Today I went for a 35 minute run after work. And please let me clarify that "some form of exercise" can mean walking, pilates, cardio at the gym etc. Sex, as cardio intensive as it may be, does not in fact count. I figured since October was my birthday binge/Halloween/all the other days of eating crap in between and my pants are feeling tight, November can be the fitness month before the holiday yummies and peppermint lattes. I can't promise that I won't eat any sweets in November, I am just challenging myself to get my booty off the couch every single day. Obviously if I am sick or something happens making it impossible for me to work out, then that doesn't count. You get the idea.

Anyway, how is everyone? How was everyone's fright night? Below is a picture of my babies in the window and my pumpkin that to me looks more like Christopher Reeve than a skull. Am I the only one who sees it?



The most memorable trick-or-treaters I had last night were two girls who were trick-or-treating with their mom tagging along. Well, not only did they have a trick-or-treat bag for mom, but after I gave them candy they stood there looking at me with their bags open looking for more. WTF? Greedy biatches.

The other memorable kid was on his cell phone and said "Hang on" to the person he was talking to..."Trick-or-Treat." When I gave him candy he said thanks and went back to talking. Wow. It was actually funny and the boy was cute about it. He knew I was laughing at him and he kind of giggled back. Look, I wasn't hitting on him. He was a cutie, but seriously, he was like 11.

I felt old because I said things like ,"What is with kids these days? Back in my day..." and "Kids are so rude these days..." and something about walking 10 miles to school uphill in the snow in -30 degree weather. I guess this is just all part of turning 25.

Did you guys have any memorable Halloween moments?

(Phew!! Post 1 is done!)



4 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Look at you, Posty McPosterson. Don't you feel better since the first one is out of the way? I do.

    I think your pumpkin is cute. Don't really see the Christopher Reeve look but I don't typically MAKE FUN OF THE DEAD! :)

    Only 364 more days until Halloween. Get excited.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    Some form of exercise every day? You are my hero. I've been trying to work on a consistent fitness routine since July.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL, the kid on the cell phone would have absolutely put me into "when I was a kid" mode. Jeez, cell phones weren't even big until I was OUT OF COLLEGE. And I'm your age!!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    matryoshka dolls on your header! I love them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home