The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Friday, November 03, 2006

Oops

Well that lasted two days. Not the posting, I am posting SEE...POST! If me working out every day for a month sounded too good to be true, then it probably was. I set my alarm for 5:15 because Edgar said he would work out with me. (Okay, here comes the blame) When the alarm went off I continued to hit the snooze button, once every 10 minutes, for 30 minutes. At this point I said, "Are we going to the gym?" and he said "No." Let's face it, I could have gotten up on my own and gone to the gym but my bed was SO WARM AND COZY. So I figured I would just walk during my lunch break, but then the day got away from me and I never took my lunch break. And now that I am home I still could go to the gym, but instead I am going to go have dinner with Edgar and his family. I even tried to say I couldn't go because I.have.to.work.out. But doesn't that sound psycho? And I would never do anything psycho regarding my weight like weigh myself on other people's scales in their homes to see if those scales will tell me that I am fatter than I initially thought. No, not me. I would definitely never do that. Sarah and Michael have never ever thought about hiding their scale when I come over. Nope. So I'm sitting here like a total failure...but I promise to do extra tomorrow. Maybe shopping in addition to the gym can count? Hey, trying on pants is just like doing leg lifts, right? Drinking a Starbucks must work the muscles in my esophagus, right? Anyway, my ride is here. I'm off to eat. Hopefully I'll be better the rest of November!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Missing one day is okay. If you follow through on your bedroom rodeo I am thinking it could count as a work out! :)

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Jonathan said…

    You know... there is probably a line of logic that says if you never weigh yourself then you are of an unspecified weight - and if it's unspecified then you can never be overweight.

    Sorry... I usually restrict these stupid ideas to my own mind.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Working out your esophagus. heh. I think that counts!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    Don't feel bad. I went to the gym before work this morning--for the first time ever--and I don't think it would've done it if Luke wasn't on board. Maybe it would be different in the summer, but the idea of walking to my car alone at 5:15 in the morning isn't appealing at all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home