The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Yesterday's Post--Blogger Was Down!!!

Blogger was down everytime I tried to post last night (totally stressful) and still down when I tried to post at 5:30 am! I tried to post up until I went to bed and it still wasn't working, so this will have to count for yesterday because I did write. I hope I can still be counted as a NaBloPoMoer. It wasn't my fault people! This is what I wrote...


Well, it's the day after Britney's announcement and the day after the election. The race between Webb and "macaca" in Virginia was too close to call, but recent updates have put Webb as the winner--YAY!!! Sometimes I hate this generally conservative state, but then I think, I'm glad Virginia has me. New York has enough Democrats, let's share the wealth already. I am really ecstatic that the Democrats have taken control again!

I think Britney and K-Fed's divorce is still too close to call. I've heard rumors that the whole filing for divorce thing is just a threat to Kevin, warning him that he needs to clean up his act. Do you know that his album debuted at number 151 with a total of 6,000 records sold. Pathetic. I am kind of hoping that they don't reconcile. I think the country is ready for a change--I'm ready for Brit to regain control!

In outrageous, "I'm going to hurt someone" news, the marriage amendment passed. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people. If you are not gay, how does gay marriage or gay relationships truly effect you? Would gay marriage make you feel like your marriage does not mean as much? Probably not. Your spouse cheating on you might make you feel that way, but gay marriage? In a world where people are getting divorced left and right, don't you think we should honor and accept any couple who loves each other and wants to be joined in holy matrimony, regardless of whether or not the couple is a man or a woman, two women or two men? I think love should be respected and honored above all. Discriminating against people never amounts to anything good or productive. So, what gives?

It was Britney's choice to have a baby and then another baby and every woman should have the right to choose. Every woman should have complete control over her own body when it comes to reproduction. I believe in a pro-choice America. If I got pregnant, I don't know if I would have an abortion. Ten years ago, I probably would have an abortion, but now that I'm 25, I would probably have the child. But this does not mean that I should have the right to tell another woman what she should do. If she wants to have an abortion, I would fully support her decision.

These two topics are hot button issues for me. Another hot issue for me is illegal immigrants, a topic I am a bit more conservative about. I can save that for another day if anyone wants to hear my opinions. If not, I am done being political for a long time and we can all get back to talking and thinking about gaucho pants and whether or not we like leggings worn under skirts/dresses.

So what do you think? ...about leggings that is...

Also, is there anything you'd like me to discuss in this blog? It's day 8 and I am really afraid that I am completely boring you! I also have to say that I didn't work out today...AGAIN! That is 2 times already this month. And I have been feeling a bit plump lately...my thighs and belly are not looking so cute. But give a girl a break! I am bleeding and I have cramps and I feel bitchy. Perfect for getting fired up on election week...fired up about Brit and K-Fed that is.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Get over it people, TMI is the name of my game. And blogger wasn't posting during NaBloPoMo...what do you expect from me?!!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh wow... too much information towards the end there...

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Motherlaod said…

    Whoa...seriously.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    for the record, I do not like leggings. Seriously, no.

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    I actually don't own any leggings. I've thought about it, but I can't bring myself to do it. It's not my favorite look, although I have seen it done cute. There was this girl wearing a pretty silky asian inspired short dress with leggings that I saw when we went to see the Men of Temptation at the Paper Moon...she was there for a bachlorette party. Sketchy girl that I am, I was not. But that was the cutest I have seen leggings worn. Sienna Miller wears them well, but she is like 2 lbs. I don't think I would or should rock the leggings.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can tell me about your hoo-ha anytime, Friend. Just let it out...

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's not TMI!! You're a girl. I personally would love to hear your thoughts on illegal immigration. I love how you tied in Britney to the election...lol. Worth the wait!

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :) Sounds like a few folks had some blogger issues the other day. Not sure how much I think about leggings... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home