The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Saturday, December 16, 2006

An Elfin Good Time

Seriously, you have the check this out. It's me, having an elfin good time...

http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=7a47bcc5cb275f9752ebcc6G06121618


So how is everyone's weekend going? At my gym they were doing a "12 Days of Fitness" challenge. Basically they give you a list of activities and if you complete 12 of them by December 19 then you get a t-shirt and entry into a drawing for cool prizes. Well today I completed the challenge. Yay! I am so proud that I actually did it and enjoyed it. One of the activities I did today was shooting 25 hoops (basketball, duh). I made Edgar come along with me. We had so much fun playing basketball that we were probably on the court for at least half an hour. I even beat him at a game of PIG. Another activity was to have a personal trainer pinch your fat with a metal fat pincher to determine your body fat percentage, and yes, fat pincher is the technical term thankyouverymuch. Well, most people would not like having their body fat calculated, but I actually really like it because it is a much better measure of health than a scale is, i.e. one can look thin and not weigh a lot, but have a high percentage of body fat. The last time I had my fat pinched was back in June. Well Merry Christmas to me--I went from 21 or so down to 19.5, I think he said. I am soooo happy! If I can get down to 18% I will be in the incredibly awesome category. Again, these are all technical terms people! I have lost a couple pounds in the past couple of weeks due to stress so it may have played a small part, but don't worry, I made a nice batch of cookies and I could probably throw up right about now. Not because I have a problem, because I am just that full. Anyway, it made all of those hours at the gym totally worth it. Let's face it, it gives me a little "breathing room" so I can pig out during the holidays. Sweet.

On another note, the personal trainer was really nice. I see him sometimes and say hi when I am working out in the morning. He seems way better than the trainer that I saw once before who made me so sore I was shaking and practically crying. I'm not kidding, I was in more pain from working out than I have ever been in and I've been pretty sore before. It was unhealthy sore. I will not pay money for that. Even Patrick, my potential new trainer mentioned that he didn't agree with what the other trainer did to me. Now I am considering paying Patrick my sweet earnings to gently kick my ass. Edgar and I might even do group, or what I like to call couples, training with me. Something to think about for the new year.

So now I am just waiting for my challenge completion t-shirt of awesomeness for only those worthy of its greatness. And maybe I'll win a prize too, fingers crossed.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Congratulations on your 12 days of fitness! And you totally beat the deadline too, how awesome are you?!

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Lady, you are one CUTE elf!

    I did this too, and sat amused by it for about 15 minutes. ;)

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Anonymous spankster said…

    linds, i am so going to have bad dreams now.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    OMG! You know I am sooo putting my cats picture on this. I was in tears from laughing so hard.

    Congrats for you and your work outs. You are a lot better than me.

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    Dude! How did I miss this entry? And the one before. I suck!
    Way to kick ass girlie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home