The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Everyone Needs a Lindsey

Last night Edgar and I went to Charlottesville, along with V* (Edgar's brother), J*, their baby and Edgar's Mom. We went to visit Edgar's sister, K*, who is at UVa law. For the first time, we all met her new boyfriend. I don't actually know if he is officially her boyfriend, you know how those things go. The best part about this guy is his name. He and I have the same name, although his is spelled Lindsay. He is this preppy, well dressed, dorky, down to earth, white boy with a private school past. He is probably a little dorkier than me (the guy did go to Dartmouth), but other than that he is the man version of me. He is a journalist which is pretty cool and the best part of his job, he says, is meeting new people. See! We are the same! Okay, I'm not a journalist, but I like people! Anyway, this kid is dorky cute. But isn't it ironic that Edgar and his sister are both with a Lindsey/Lindsay? It makes for a little confusion, I learned, because when someone says Lindsey, I turn and look. I am excited for K* because this guy seems really sweet. I hope they stay together because then at family get-togethers we can bond over our preppiness and inability to dance...unless this kid can dance. Then I am in trouble.

-----------------------------------
Don't fret, there is still time to win a Christmas card from me, just enter the contest below!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    I don't have any Lindsey's in my life but I did used to wear contacts which would make me contact lens-y.

    Does that count? Can I be in the club too?

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    I have these three cousins; and they are each dating/married to a Daniel, Danielle and other Daniel.

    How's THAT for weird?

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My sister-in-law's name is Erica...definitely different from your situation (as she is my husband's sister and, well, a girl) but heaven help you if they end up together. For instance, if you throw Kilsy a bridal shower, everyone will think it's her fiance throwing it.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    That is cool. I get a lot of that too with my name but Lindsay is not one I have heard.

    I got behind this weekend because I was being a goof and haven't put you on my blogroll yet so I didn't have you bookmarked. Being snowed in sucks.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    I think you're the only Lindsey I know! This post is cute, I love dorky-cute guys, too. Hehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home