The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Fashion Time

When I get the pictures I am going to tell you all about helping Lauren move into her new apartment and how there was a gas leak and how the fire department came. But until I have the pictures of the hot firemen to prove it, I am going to take some time telling you about another fashion love of mine. In doing so I will also talk about my latest girl crush. Are you ready?

I love vests! The fitted, cute ones for women, as seen below on Jennifer Morrison, who plays Dr. Cameron on House. I love Jennifer Morrison. She is so cool and beautiful. iwanttobeher. (I love Hugh Laurie too!!)

I have a vest similar to the one Jennifer is wearing and matching pants to go with it. It was a steal at H&M. H&M is a great place to go if you want to try out a trend, but not pay an arm and a leg for it. Anyway, I just think this look is so cute and can be dressed up or down. But the vest definitely has to be fitted and worn with a more fitted shirt underneath. I just wear a white fitted button down shirt with mine. So, what do you think? Would you rock this look?

In other news, I dyed my hair darker over the weekend. Pictures will be forthcoming. How have you been spending your weekend??

12 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    I love the holiday look of your blog! Very cute.

    About the vest, its a cute look, that's for sure, but I could never pull that off. I'm sort of busty and that means the rest of it would look like its too big & sloppy, you know? But its a cute look.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    I'm Cece's camp with the busty problem. lol The look is cute though on someone smaller. So Rock it Lindsey!

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    That is a very cute vest! I have a sweater vest and wear it all the time. However, I would classify it more as preppy than chic or cool.

    My husband's Christmas party for work is this Friday, and I've already informed him I'll be on the hunt for something this week. Maybe I'll find a vest!

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    I love, love, love it.

    But I've got the giant boob thing going on too so vests have to be specially made to fit. Blech.

    I want pictures of your new hair while you're doing your best Jennifer Morrison impression.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Jenny what a great idea! I will try and work on my Jennifer Morrison pose and have something posted today or tomorrow.

    Frema-I am also a big fan of sweater vests, the uber-preppy kind. Argyle is my favorite. I think my style could best be described as a combination of preppy/classic...and then for weekends I pretty much just wear whatever I pull out of the drawer...but it's generally pretty casual.

    I hope you find a vest or something equally as cute for Luke's party!

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    I'm in the same camp as cece and aimee but if I weren't I would totally rock that. I bet you would look great in it since you are so tiny.

    Girl crush huh? I haven't had one of those since Britney did that video with her panties on the outside of her jeans.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is it a sweater vest? Or a button up vest? I am actually surprised to realize right now I don't currently have a sweater vest...hm. I should hit H&M tonight. Evan has a ton though.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait. I didn't mean "tonight" I just have mall on the brain because we might go see Santa.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Bones said…

    boys that are shaped any different than 1'10, 160 lbs cannot shop at H+M.

    I'm 6 foot 200 and I've never found anything that fits other than socks.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Yeah I don't really recommend that boys shop at H&M...their guy department just isn't very good.

    Erika--The vest is button up. But I also like sweater vests. But the one I was originally referring to is similar to the picture.

    oh and carrie, thanks for calling me tiny!! That is very sweet of you...but I don't feel tiny.

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They do have the world's cutest kids section though... ALMOST enough to make you want one, ...but not quite!

    The only thing I hate about H&M? Is that they dont have an online store! Or they didnt all the millions of times I looked. I would so ♥ being able to buy H&M stuff from home!

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    I agree, I think she's HOT - except I could never fit into that hot vest the way she does.

    Le sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home