The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, December 14, 2006

If NaBloPoMo was December, I'd be Failing Miserably

I have been doing my best to try to read your blogs, my friends. I've been a crazy person for the past couple of weeks. Tuesday night was our donor recognition dinner to honor donors who give $1,000 or more annually to "my" non-profit organization. Our trustees and board members and all the other VIPs also attend. The dinner ended up going so well and it was fun. I am a natural schmoozer, always have been, but not in the fake way. I think I have found the profession for me...at least for the time being, but I digress. For the past two weeks I had been working late, having major anxieties about the dinner, all while trying to get ready for Christmas. Yesterday was the first day I could actually breathe, but even last night was busy. We went to dinner, then to Barnes and Noble because Edgar wanted to look at a book and then to KMart to pick up some Martha Stewart decorations. I bought a card to send to my second place winner Aimee, but the damn lady didn't put the card in the bag, so I am going back today to complain and get a new card. When we got home I tried to clean my neglected home for a little bit and the Edgar and I (okay Edgar watched me) put up lights and ornaments on the 6' imitation tree I got on sale at Target over the weekend. Since I won't be spending Christmas here and he will be over at his mom's house, we didn't want to go overboard and get a real tree, but we wanted something since we are going to have "our" Christmas Friday, the 22nd--the day before I leave for New York. Our tree is almost complete and it is beautiful. I'll post pictures. I know I still owe Jenny a picture of me with my vest outfit doing my best Jennifer Morrison impersonation. Hot. I'll get on that.

This post is all over the place as a representation of the chaos in my head. I just want to say "hi" and I proooomise that I will post something good soon enough. Thanks for hanging around!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Cece said…

    Hi there! I was wondering what happend to you. You sound like the rest of us, super busy.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    I too thought you were MIA. I was starting to go out to the river and noodle you out of the water.

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Hey, its the CRAZY season - so it's to be expected!

    Hope the dinner went well!

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Oh my gosh Carrie, you made me laugh so hard.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Bones said…

    As a fellow non-profiteer, I find blogging to be a welcome and necessary escape from the unyielding burden of endless altruism. Board members, budgets, strategic plans, roundtables and staff sure can take the fun out of doing something you believe in. You’re doing a great job.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home