The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, December 18, 2006

Miss Midlothian, Virginia

I do not check my site summary tracker do-hicky very often at all, but yesterday I decided to check it out. There is someone who lives in Midlothian, Virginia who visits my site an awful lot. Sometimes for a long time sometimes not. Who do I know in Midlothian? I couldn't figure it out. Maybe it is just someone from the RVA (Richmond, VA) listing who found me and happens to live in Midlothian. Mind you, Midlothian is not that far from me, maybe a half hour. All of these thoughts started racing through my head like a Lifetime movie in warp speed. What if someone is stalking me? What if I've said too much about where I work, even though I don't think I've said much at all? They know I go to the gym...what if somehow they found out what gym I go to? What if they saw me at the gym since I do put pictures of myself on this blog? And now they are planning to drive from Midlothian at 6:00 a.m. to wait in the dark parking lot until I get there. Or maybe they will wait outside my house until I am walking to the car in the wee hours of the morning (yes, I am still talking about 6:00 a.m.) and then they will attack. I practically ran to my car this morning and immediately locked once I was in. Yes, this morning I was looking over my shoulder every step I took.

In an effort to stop my psycho stalker in his/her tracks I contemplated posting an open letter to Mr./Mrs./Miss Midlothian. Before I took action I decided to run it by my co-workers/friends Lauren and Sarah. It was then that Sarah reminded me (or informed me for the first time, you decide) that the location on the tracker was based on where the internet service provider is located and that Midlothian, Virginia may in fact actually be me. Huh...interesting. Lauren checked her blog and noticed that Miss Midlothian connects to her blog through my website. Oh. I connect to my friends' blogs through my site. Yes, yes I do. Umm...

I think I need to dye my hair back to blonde. It was more fitting.


9 Comments:

  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    *giggle* But I don't blame you, I probably would have gone all paranoid too. :)

     
  • At 4:08 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Hee! I'm usually the stalker (though not literally -- I promise!) so I would LOVE to have me an Aussie blog stalker.

    The only blog paranoia I get is that one day my school principal will read it and give me shit for acting like a dork on it. And for owning so many pairs of shoes.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Oh Lindsey...

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Sassy Momma said…

    Oh, I've been in your shoes and watched my back for a while! Then I learned how to turn the meter off when it logged my own ip.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Erika said…

    ROFL...oh my god...tears...ahhhh

    To be fair, I never would have thought to have Sarah check hers.

    ROFL...

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    I read something like this about a year ago on someone's blog. That is why I have my IP memorized. My IP at work says I am in Northbrook, IL. I bet people thought I was joking when I say I am from Oklahoma. Like I would deny that I love noodlin'.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Bones said…

    (sung to the tune of that DiVinyls song) Ooooh you don't care about anybody else... when you think about you you stalk yourself.

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    1) I just got my Christmas card and I LOVE IT! I'm a winner!

    2) This is probably the stupidest question ever but is that you? Are you the royal Queen of Midlothia?

    3) I'm loving the word "Midlothian". I can't stop saying it.

    4) Midlothian. See.

    5) This is why I don't have a site meter. I've already had one crazy ex find me through my blog. I don't need to obsess about the others.

    6) Midlothian.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    What a funny story!

    You should set up your account so that your work IP address is blocked; then your own refreshes won't be factored into the number of hits you get.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home