The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Photo Essay on Cold

I took a few pictures in my (my parents') yard this afternoon. I was debating whether to continue my two-three part special, but decided I would bring you this instead. Tomorrow I fly back to Richmond where I will try to get back in the habit of blogging more frequently. I am happy to be on vacation until Tuesday. Joaquin's (Edgar's nephew) baptism is Saturday so I have to get ready for that. We still have to make plans for New Year's Eve too. Until then, here is A Photo Essay on Cold. I admit, my title may be slightly hyperbolic, as it was in the high 30s and actually quite refreshing and not very cold at all for Central New York, but now that it is night, it does feel pretty crisp. Let's face it, the South has thinned my blood and I am not the strong Yankee that I used to be.


See, even the tree is cold.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    I love the pictures. Even the one of the burlap tree shawl. Very haute couture.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger janet said…

    stay warm! I know how you feel :)

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    brrrrr. We have blistery winds here...but no snow. It IS still California! Miss you!

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Now this is what I am talking about. I would rather look at pictures instead of experiencing it myself. We were supposed to get some snow this weekend but luckily it passed. I'm adoreing the 50s that we are having.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Am giggling at the tree blankie!

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Bones said…

    Brr. I'm so not the New Englander i was anymore, either.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    Those are great pictures! Luckily, in Los Angeles, we don't get any crazy weather like that. Luckily.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home