The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, December 04, 2006

Six Weird Things About Me

Well, the newly Mrs. Janet tagged me, so I guess I have to do it. I will try to think of six weird things about me, but it is hard to think of them under all of this pressure. Let's see...

1. I twirl my hair all of the time. On the right side only. I also really like when Edgar scratches my head, but in a certain spot. It is so relaxing.
2. I have to crack specfic bones before I go to sleep at night.
3. I have turned around and driven back home because I didn't have lotion/lipgloss with me. When I couldn't bring lotion on a plane I was freaking out about what I was going to to and seriously considered seeing if I could get a doctor's note. Then I discovered sticks of cocoa butter. I know, freak, right.
4. I have a specific voice for all of my dogs, dead or alive. And I have conversations with them, the alive ones of course. And these conversations will go on and on until I realize that I am essentially just talking to myself. My dogs also have really, really weird names. Not their actual names, but the names that develop over time. For example, one of Bugs' names is Sheegiemoe.
5. I sucked my thumb until I was 12.
6. I like playing dress up sometimes and looking at myself in the mirror, while listening to music, singing and dancing. Yes, I still do that.
7. (I'm giving you more weird so don't say I never did anything for you) I have to touch everything if I'm in a clothing store. I can't just look at a pretty fabric without touching it. I'm very tactile.
8. I have to have the blankets tucked in and neat or else I freak out and can't go to sleep.
9. If I have to pee even the slightest while I'm in bed, I can't fall asleep until I get up and go.
10. When I go somewhere I worry about whether there will be a bathroom because I always have to pee!


Ok, wow, I sound really neurotic and OCD and anal retentive. That is probably because I am. I'm practically certifiably psycho. Wow, maybe this was more than you wanted to know. Hey, you asked for it.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    Except for cracking my knuckles, the lotion obsession, sucking my thumb, playing dress up (although on occasion I put on music and sing while cleaning) and having Edgar scratch my head, you sound just like me! LOL Seeing it all listed is really weird. Maybe we should consider therapy! :-)

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous janet said…

    man are you weird! jk, we all are :)

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "2. I have to crack specfic bones before I go to sleep at night."
    and
    "9. If I have to pee even the slightest while I'm in bed, I can't fall asleep until I get up and go."

    Ditto. The rest makes you a freak though. HA! :)

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    I love that you have TEN weird things. You're fabulous, dear.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    STICKS of COCOA BUTTER? That's kind of frightening. Not that you use them, that they exist.

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    I love these. I wish I would have thought to break the rules and list more but than maybe I don't.

    I'm the same way about the pee thing and I love when Adam runs his fingers through my hair.

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    See, you CAN blame your parents for everything.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Bones said…

    jeeze, with all that pee anxiety, maybe you should be taking flomax.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home