The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, January 29, 2007

Are you Trying to Kiss my Ass?

Like Janet, I have also been experiencing the "blahs." I'm trying to snap out of it by pretending to be enthusiastic about my job, my goals, my life, my blog etc. What I am really thinking is that the couch looks good. Maybe I should just sit around and eat. Hopefully with Valentine's Day and my 3 year anniversary with Edgar just around the corner (ok, it's not all about me, my Dad's birthday is also in February), I'll be able to snap right out of it and into 2007. Hellllooooo 2007. In the meantime, I am trying to just take things day by day. Like this morning, I had my first session with my personal trainer, Patrick. I really like him a lot--today he gave me some exercises for toning my lower body. I'll see him again later this week for upper. I am sore. Good sore, but sore. My muscles are so out of shape it's pathetic. On a positive note I did say, "So if I do all of this I will look like Jessica Alba?" To which he said, "Better than Jessica Alba." Being lied to is sometimes necessary. If I am paying you to hurt me, kissing my ass doesn't hurt any. That sounded so dominatrix.

Maybe a dominatrix would wear these during the summer...
(Those knee-high pleather boots are just so restricting when it's hot out. mmm restricting. hot.)



...because how Christian Dior calls these "couture" is beyond me.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger janet said…

    thanks for your moral support! luckily spring is right around the corner...right?

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    uh, I think my cousin made something similar to those in wood shop once. ACK!

    I hope you're un-sore tomorrow and raring to go! Woohoo my exercise buddy!

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    I bet that bitch Jessica Alba could pull of the shoes. Roar! ;)

    Wow, 3 year anniversary, that's so exciting! Day by day is good, geez, considering January is almost over, this year will (hopefully) fly by.

    *squish*

    P.S. You, my dear, are much sexier than Jessica Alba.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Those shoes look a lot like the planks that sushi comes on. Perhaps you could cobble together your own with some rags and used plates from your local Japanese eatery.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger local traveler said…

    and don't forget life-friend birthdays. those are right around the corner, too, and sure to snap you out of any funk.

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    You finally made me figure out what is wrong. I feel blah. I can't get back into the swing of blogging. I am so far behind in reading others. It just seems there is no time for anything. Thanks you gave me an excuse to be pissy. :)

    I dare you to wear shoes like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home