The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

But Wait, It Gets Better

Apparently after the gods of sketch read yesterday's post they sat around snickering and then one of them said, "You thought that was sketchy? Wait until you see what happens in the morning."

So this morning I went to the gym to burn off the cake that had found a home in my thigh overnight and sure enough, John was there. Drell or Tony is a night gym goer, but John is there most mornings. To recap, John is probably in his mid 40s, married and has kids. At first he came across as just a regular guy and he never weirded me out. Lately his sketch factor has been increasing exponentially, i.e. he has been asking me out to lunch each time he sees me. When I tell him that my boyfriend wouldn't like that, he tells me not to tell him. However, it was this morning that the sketch factor reached an all time high.

I was on the eliptical machine and he came over to say hi. The last time that we saw each other was a week or two before and I had mentioned that I was planning on seeing a personal trainer. I must have been specific about which trainer, because he told me that he talked to Patrick and told him that he wanted to "pick up the tab." Patrick, bless his lil' heart, told John that I was thinking about doing group training with my boyfriend, to which John said, "Nevermind." What the fuck?! A random guy at the gym was going to pay for me to see a personal trainer?! Personal training is no drink at the bar; personal training is expensive!

Patrick was there this morning, too, and I signed up to meet with him Friday morning. Of course, I thanked him for not letting random men pay for my personal training. He said, "Are you sure you don't want to sign up for 10 sessions for $300 instead of 3 for $100? I can go talk to John." To which I replied, "You know there's no such thing as a free lunch."

Seriously people, this has reached a new level of just plain wrong.

14 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Erika said…

    Thank goodness Patrick said that!!!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Oh my god. Lay off, Gods of Sketchiness, lay off!

    This John must really love you... what a weirdo!

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger local traveler said…

    Aren't there gyms just for women precisely because of things like this? I have no idea. I've never been to a gym. Now, I don't think I ever will.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Look at you little miss hotty! Are you the GymHo?

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    That's what happens when you're just too pretty! It's a curse, I tell ya!

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    Take Edgar with you a few times and make sure you introduce him to your gym rats. The next step would be to find a new gym.

    Three training sessions for $100? That's a rip. How attractive is Patrick? :-P

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Maybe I should go to a gym for women...it would probably be much more comfortable. At least there I wouldn't be the gymho, right Carrie?!! LOL

    And yes, Aimee, it is hard to be as pretty as we are. Just so.damn.hard.

    Mom--When I take Edgar the guys are like afraid to talk to me because "Edgar might get jealous." What losers. Oh and Patrick is fairly attractive, but I'm not partial to him or anything.

    Seriously ya'll, I should write a book about the men I have met at gyms.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    Seriously. Stop saying 'ya'll'.

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    NEVER!

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    Grrr....

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    I'm thinking of writing a book about the losers I have dated.
    I'm considering the title "The Frogs"
    LOL

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    OMG! Ok, you should tell him, "Look if you want to hook up with me that's fine but you've got to hook up with my boyfriend too!"

    Betha he stops talking to you.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Cece you are brilliant.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    What the hell? How many blow jobs does it take to work off a personal trainer tab? I'm guessing 3.

    I think you need a restraining order. Or maybe a pimp.

    Yeek.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home