The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Friends and Some Old Ones

Yesterday Sarah and I did something that we had never done before. We met a blogger friend...in real life! You may be familiar with my new real-life friend. Her name is Erika. See picture below.
Erika is from Northern Virginia, but was in Richmond for the day. Lauren joined us later on. Here is a picture of the four of us.
Me, Erika, Lauren, Sarah

Since Sarah and I had never met a blogger in real life, we felt like we were going on a date, but since there would be three of us it was more like we were lesbians in search of a surrogate mother for our love child. Like we were in search of the missing link to complete our menage a trois. Would she like us? Would we like her? Well, we already knew we liked her and she liked us, but would it be different in person?

So how was it, you ask? Or maybe you don't, but I am going to tell you anyway. I had so much fun. Erika is so cool and sweet and down to earth (and really pretty too!). There are some women I meet and I think, "I could totally be friends with her. She is my kind of people." Well, that's how I felt about Erika. She is someone I can relate to. I'm so happy that she was in town and I had the opportunity to get a cup of coffee with her. We're planning on getting together again in the next month or two. Yay for turning blog friends into real-life friends. I highly recommend it.

In other news...

Edgar and I went to a Hamilton College gathering last night, for alumni in the Richmond area. It was held at this couple's house--they both graduated from Hamilton and later married. There are shocking statistics about the number of Hamilton graduates who marry another Hamiltonian. Shocking I tell you. Something like 64% I've heard. I'm not sure of the accuracy of that number, but dear lord, I could be just another number, a mere statistic before you know it. Anyway, we had a blast at the event! A few minutes after we got home I heard scratching at my front door. I thought maybe it's a raccoon or a cat. Hoping for the latter, I opened it to find this little cutie, who got stuck in between our wooden door and the glass door. The glass door is on springs and takes probably 30 seconds before it actually closes. I'm glad we opened the door or our new little friend would have spent all night stuck between two doors. I would have felt so bad.

The kitty didn't have any tags, just a flea collar. Maybe it is an indoor cat? I'm not sure. Well I offered the kitty some milk and he/she obliged.


The dogs at this point were still out in the back yard. I decided to let them in to see if they would get along with kitty. I quickly learned that you do not hold onto a cat while letting dogs in the house because claws will puncture the skin on your back.

Bugs and Zoey were so good with the cat, which suprised me because I was under the impression that when Bugs frantically tried to get at cats on our walks it was because he wanted to eat them. It appears that, in fact, he was just looking for a new friend. The cat was good with them too. No slashed faces or gouged eyeballs. Edgar so badly wants a cat. This did not help my case. My allergies are my last hope. After playing with the cat for a little bit, we released him back into the "wild." I hope it comes back sometime for a visit and a bowl of milk.

So how is your weekend going? Has it been as eventful as mine has been?

14 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Erika said…

    I had a blast too. I only wish I didn't live so far away...

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Bones said…

    It's going great (sinister laugh) - I had a much more successful goose hunt on Saturday. Today, we dine.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    How fun you got to meet another blogger! I hope to meet Carrie & Kara.

    What a cute little cat, I hope he/she comes back & visits you guys.

    My weekend has been great, it feels like its just inching by & not ZIPPING by the way it normally does!

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Anonymous motherload said…

    When did you get polka dot cups? Has kitty come back?

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Anonymous sissypants said…

    you shouldve kept it, and had an animal farm in your house

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    I just have one polka dot cup, it was on sale at Target and I thought it was cute. And no, the cat never came back...the very next day.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    But will she make a good surrogate mother for your love child?

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Meeting other bloggers in real life sounds so awesome! I hope I get the chance someday, too!

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    Aww! Yeah for new friends (of the furry and non-furry variety!)

    If it's any consolation, your allergies get used to the cats. I was allergic to Clyde when I first got him, now I'm not.
    :)
    Get a kitty! And then post pics! lol

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Aimee is right. You'll get used to it.

    I am dying to meet my blogger friends. I had the chance this spring but my vacation was at the same time and that blew. I will do it eventually. The next time Cece, Beth and Mind get together, I am going. Nobody I know lives in the middle. They are all out on the coasts. There are a few guy bloggers that I have just met and they live in Texas.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Jenny--she will be the perfect mother for the love child. I can't wait for our lesbian baby to be born!

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Gypsy said…

    I've only ever met one blogger in person. Well, aside from ones I knew before we started blogging. Glad you girls had fun!

    P.S. I wandered over from Cece's site. :-)

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    I had no idea you were meeting Erika in person. I'm so jealous. Erika and I "found" each other when we were both pregnant. It was so great to have hear around, especially since we were due at the same time. It's even more fun now that we have little boys who are so close in age.

    Here's to meeting bloggers in person!

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    I just tagged you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home