The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day. Have Some Cookies. I Love You!

Before it is over, I must wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day! I had a wonderful day at work. I baked cookies and we had a cookie party. If I were one of the girls on "Girls Next Door" I would be Bridget because I love holidays and anything "themed"! I definitely have a lot of fun with the people I work with. There were 6 of us there today and when everyone's there we are 8 strong. We are like a dysfunctional, but happy, family.

In other news, Edgar got me so much candy and chocolate. I put some away in the cupboard and hopefully I will be able to hold off on some of it for a while. I don't understand how people can have candy around and not eat it. I was never one of those people, but I am going to try really hard. Edgar and I have been seeing Patrick, the personal trainer, and we've been really good about working out. Edgar is really committed to eating healthier and exercising. I am so very proud of him and the fact that we have been motivating each other is really cool. Now that I've added some strength training to my routine and I actually have a real routine, I've been feeling pretty good. I really want to keep it up. I guess I'll have to do double time now that all this chocolate has come into my life...

My parents sent me chocolate too and a kids card with a princess on it and a coloring section on the back. The card says that I am "loved by everyone." Parents are so good for the self-esteem.

I've really enjoyed everything about Valentine's Day, but what I really want to share with you is an excerpt from the card that my sister sent me (she is 21 and kind of crazy--like life of the party crazy, makes everyone laugh, generally has one too many). Here it is:

Happy Valentine's Day Lindsey Loo and the same to Edgar, Bugs and Zoey. You have quite the growing family. How do you two have sex with the dogs always needing to be near you? Just a random thought. Hug, kisses, rainbows and sunshine,
your loving sister,
Sara

What are you talking about? You mean you don't think sex is hotter when you know others are watching?

7 Comments:

  • At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    ... and sparkles! There are sparkles on your card! We all know how you LOVE anything that sparkles.

    Wait. You and Edgar have sex??? (gasp)

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Anonymous sissypants said…

    haha i love the description of me and the fact that you posted what i wrote. what an awesome card. did you love the drawing of the pood? ah.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    You ARE loved by everyone! Like me! xoxo

    Also, your google searches just got a lot more interesting after that entry, thanks to your sister!

    Sex is especially nice when your leg is not all the way on the bed and the dog is trying to lean against it because "OMG I HAVE TO BE TOUCHING YOU AT ALL TIMES!"

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Chiada said…

    I was actually going to comment about the exercising, but I guess I'd be the odd one out by not commenting on the pets watching while making out bit.

    Anyways! Yes, it's so much easier to be committed to eating healthy and exercising when your mate/partner/whoever is doing it too. My hubby and I are on a health kick right now and I hope that it continues for life. Now, about that working out....

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    I get to be Holly if you are Bridget. k? I used to really get into holidays too but life is a mess right now.

    Um, exercising. What is that again? I gained back the weight I lost. I guess it is from quitting smoking.

    Oh I went back through your blog yesterday and finally got to see what Edgar looks like. It was starting to make me crazy not knowing.

    There is no way I can do it with my girls watching. Oh hell no!

    And...I heart lindsey!

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    OMG you make me laugh!

    I love sweets & chocolate espceially but I have to admit we are one of these people who have a HUGE candy jar on top of our fridge & hardly touch it. On Halloween my kids came home with 10.5 POUNDS of candy & we still have about half of that left.

    Your parents sound like mine. Growing up & even in our 20's my mom would buys us gifts for Vday. I liked coming home & finding a gift on my bed. Aww, my mom's a sweetheart.

    Your sister is too funny.

    Happy V-day, Love ya!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Your sister is so cute! Love it.

    Also, it really helps me understand you as a person when you relate it back to Girls Next Door. You really know your audience, girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home