The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What's Up Amigos?

Hey ya'll! I see you are still here even after you were subjected to my hideous singing. You are a true friend. I hesitate to say "friends" because the only one left reading this blog might just be my mom and even she may be close to doing the slow backward walk with slight turn of the shoulder that you do when you are trying to get away from a conversation (I'm reminded of a life-sucking former co-worker). Anyway, now that you have experienced me at my dorkiest (some may beg to differ), I feel like I could tell you anything now. The thing is, I really don't have much to say. It has been cold. I've been hanging out, working, doing the usual. Saturday Edgar and I helped Sarah move into her new place and Sunday we went to Edgar's mom's house to watch the Super Bowl. My team won, although I was not really partial to either team. Tom Brady is hot and let's face it, he just wasn't playing Sunday night so what was in it for me, really? Brett Favre is hot too, but getting a little old. Again, wasn't playing on Sunday. I did enjoy the game though, even though the rain was annoying me. Why don't they play in a dome or something? I don't get it. Anyway, as you can see, I still kind of have the winter blahs and I'm feeling a little SAD. One thing that cheered me up though was Orbit gum! They have not one, but two new flavors! I think that stuff has crack in it because I could literally go through a pack a day if my jaw didn't clamp up from all that chewing. I rationalize this habit by telling myself it is strength training for my mouth (you are dirty, stop thinking dirty thoughts).

The two new flavors are Raspberry Ice and Mojito Mint. The raspberry is good, but the mojito...not so much. It tastes too limey and there is no booze in it. I was very disappointed. Of course I purchased them from Target. I have not been doing so well with the whole staying away from Target during my lunch break. It has been cold. What else am I going to do? Go to Starbucks?? Oh yeah, just did that too. Pathetic.

So, how are you doing?

11 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger janet said…

    I think you've hit on a million-dollar idea: gum with booze in it. Seriously, I would buy a lot of that stuff and chew it at work!

     
  • At 12:32 AM, Anonymous cece said…

    Hey you! You're singing was great! Better than mine, that's for sure!

    Me? Not much just enjoying the beautiful 80+ weather we've been having lately. *ducking while you throw a shoe at me* Not much going on here, besides counting the days to vacation. YOu know how when you've got a BIG vacation planned it seems like the month before EVERYONE & EVERYTHING irks the shit out of you? Yeah, that's me these days. And really, just how much can I blame it on PMS??

    Damn, booze in gum would be da bomb!

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Hiiiiiiiii Lindsay!

    I've been checking your blog every day hoping for an update, so glad you're back and posting.

    Still snorting at your strength training, you naughty girl ;)

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Erika said…

    Shit, I have been meaning to listen to your AI audition at home instead of at work, I haven't done it yet!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    I am totally addicted to gum right now! My coworker is chewing TONS as he quits smoking, so we have tried every single flavor of Trident. I recommend the Watermelon.

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Gum? You are that excited about gum? Alrighty then.

    I've been waiting for your next tune. Don't I get something for going a week and three days without smoking?

    Um...We had a heat wave yesterday and it hit 73 degrees. It is cold again. Might get some snow. Adam's mom bought us a new buffet and I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Booked my vacation but I was really wanting to meet Cece and Mind in Vegas but I still will be on vacation. About threw up today when I wrote a check for $1483.76. Adam hasn't been sleeping which means I can't. I dropped a pan on my big toe and it could possibly be broken. I would take a picture of it but I don't want to gross anyone out. We got a new DVR and I don't know what it does. Cats are making me crazy. Ate out the last two nights. Got a big ole C on my last test. Umm what else??? Oh watched a travel/food show last night where they came to Oklahoma and thought "oh please God, don't let Lindsey see this."

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Ciarra said…

    Hi Lindsey,
    This is my first time here, after reading your response to my comment on Janet's blog. That made me laugh! So, I listened to your little song on your last post and you ain't too bad, actually! I myself am a "singer" and just started my lessons again yesterday. One of these days I'd like to do a recording like that and stick it up on my blog for the "world" (i.e. my two readers) to hear and get their feedback. I'm almost scared to hear myself; I might give it up! Anyhoo, nice to meet you!

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    I've been too distracted with the albino otter lately to even consider my old friend Target. I should get high more often. I've probably saved a mint on stationary costs alone.

    Damn Target and their irresistable stationary.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Bones said…

    Mmm, gum. Im glad orbit found some underutilized berries for new flavors. I was getting worried they would have to try other genres, like meat flavored gum or fish flavored gum.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    You so don't want to know how I'm doing! I'm glad you aren't staying away from Target. Target is HAPPY. :)

    I may make it my first trip out of the house since I went to the dr. on wednesday. sad,huh?

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I am cold. And now I'm craving gum. I like the kind that is vanilla and peppermint? But I cant remember what brand it is. My mom turned me on to it. It's pretty much like crack. Or like what I hear crack is like.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home