The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

You're My Daddy

It's not that I forgot about his birthday. Of course I didn't forget--I sent a gift and I called him at work and I called him again during the evening. Maybe it just slipped my mind to have a special post about it. Maybe it just slipped my mind to post at all yesterday. Yep, yesterday was my dad's birthday. My handsome, smart, funny, understanding, realistic, disciplined, even-tempered, kind daddy turned 56 yesterday. I always know his age because he is 30 years older than I will be when I have my birthday. Get it? Well, not only did I get 1/2 of my amazingly good looks from him, I also got 1/2 (if not more) of my dorkiness from him. He's the good kind of dorky, alright! Sometimes I'll say something really, really dorky and gasp at the fact that something so dorky came out of my mouth. It is then that I think, that was totally something my dad would have said. The good kind of dorky runs in the family. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Dad. I can't wait to see you and Mom this weekend when you stop by on your "flight" down the Florida.

In other news, there is a sale at Ann Taylor Loft going on right now. Yesterday I had a meeting at our retirement community in Richmond (I work at a non-profit and do fund raising for our 4 communities and that is all I am going to say about that...). Coincidentally, a mall isn't too far away. Dangerous! I checked out the sale and ended up with this cute shirt for only $25. I'm hoping that I can wear it under my cute vest. It's sheer, but I think my vest will cover the appropriate (or shall I say inappropriate) areas. If it doesn't, I'll just wear it with a camisole underneath.

I probably, most likely, definitely won't look as good as this chick in it, but what do you think?

For the record, I plan on going back to Ann Taylor Loft when I have more than a 30 minute break to look around. Maybe Mom will want to go this weekend (wink).

12 Comments:

  • At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Erika said…

    My dad is exactly 40 years older than me, it's so convenient because I never have to do the math. Mom is trickier, I always have to count for her.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Yeah same here, I always have to think about how old my mom is. Very tricky.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    I love, love, love that shirt.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    My dad is exactly 30 years older than me, too. And my grandpa is exactly 60 years older than me! Fortunately, my mom is exactly 30 years older than my sister, so it's easier to remember the two of them.

    I am SO going to Ann Taylor Loft on my lunch break!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Chiada said…

    That is a very cute shirt! Just enough girly but not over the top.

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Oh I love that shirt! I remembered I have a gift card that hasn't been used and I saw it online and thought about buying it!

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    Happy Birthday, Lindsey's dad!

    So you gave up Target for Ann Taylor, huh? LMAO

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Bones said…

    You should have shopped for him at Ann Taylor. Then Poppa could have a brand new bag. Is it too soon to make James Brown jokes?

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    Cece, Lindsey only gave up Target for Ann Taylor Loft because her mother is coming to town with the credit card. She was scouting things out and just happened to stumble on this cute shirt. She'll be back at Target next week. :-D

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    Finally! You blog comments wouldn't show me the "verification code" so I couldn't post yesterday.
    Now, I have nothing to say except, Happy Birthday DAd!

    :)

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    A belated Happy Birthday Mr Lindsay! :D

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    I bought one skirt at Ann Taylor Loft, last summer, and I love it. The clothes there ooze of sophistication.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home