The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, March 05, 2007

File Under Random

I am talking to Edgar through g-chat even though we are in the same house, just two rooms away from each other. We are cool like that. Arguably, you might consider this "the bad kind of dorky," but whatever. I can't be good all of the time.

Here is a lovely excerpt from our conversation. Mind you, Edgar has been on a "I want to be Hugh Hefner" kick since we like to watch The Girls Next Door together. Yes, you heard me correctly. Edgar actually likes to watch the show. He is convinced that polygamy is the way to go. He even harasses my friends and tries to get them to agree to be wife 2 or 3 (I'm sooo sorry, Lauren).

Edgar:
i didnt say i was leaving you for other women

me:
but you say you want other women in the relationship

Edgar:
yes....adding to the love

me:
then i will find men. who will be my other 2 husbands?

Edgar:
thats not how 'the spanish hugh" ie me works

me:
well that isn't how the polish lindsey works

Edgar:
you are only part polish your other part can overtake it

me:
the whiteness will overtake the polishness
...ok polish is white too
...but my other white half is far superior

Edgar:
oh good

Edgar:
three things that should be legalized : weed, prostitution and polygamy

me:
you are an asshole

Edgar:
what??


Utah here we come.


You signed off g-mail. -Edgar
Yeah, I'm tired.-me
How am I supposed to talk to you now?! -Edgar

Do you feel my pain here, people?

14 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    First. Allow me to remind you yet again... it's not legal yet. There's still time to leave this behind you.

    Second. S'cuse me? Are you saying that the mutt in you can overtake your thoroughbred Polish breeding??? Your 'other' white half is far superior???

    Third. Did the new season of The Girls Next Door start yet? Next Sunday?

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    I assume the two of you watch Big Love, then? :)

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Erika said…

    Yes, you have to see Big Love. They are actually "married" (Hef's girls are just girlfriends right?)

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Motherload--the new season started this past Sunday. It was their Christmas one. It was cute!

    Frema and Erika--Yes, Edgar got into Big Love for a while, but hasn't watched it recently. I hate that show. It gives him too many ideas!

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    boys sure are impressionable. Good luck with that one! You've got your work cut out for you! hee.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Adam refuses to watch it. He thinks that it rots your brain. But Jackass is okay. LOL

    I was once in a very short relationship with a couple. Well we both dated him and we all knew it. We even hung out together. Kissed in front of each other and everything. It didn't last because she hated the attention he showed me and I guess I didn't love him like I love Adam because I would kick some chicas ass for touching him and I am pacifist.

     
  • At 1:18 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Pah, boys and their double standards! I just say you find the most gorgeous boys you can find and then ask Edgar what he thinks? ;)

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    Ha! I love it. And I totally want to be on the polygamist marriage in big love.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger J in Ric said…

    the wife and I are geeks like this too... we IM on our laptops sometimes while sitting next to each other.

    And having two or three wives???

    CraZy

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Wow, Edgar is such a catch!

    I missed the season premiere of GND because of my stupid vacation!

    Good thing they replay that show regularly. Phew!

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    Lindsey, I'm laughing my ass off b/c many don't know (b/c I haven't blogged about it) bust Mister is a Mormon. lol I'm a Catholic girl who completed all sacriment (how do you spell that shit?) so I can marry in my church & I get involved with a fricken Mormon! Oy. My grandpa wasn't too happy when he heard that. But by the time we told him Mister wasn't Catholic I was 2 weeks from our wedding, 2 kids & 8 years invested so he got over it! LMAO

    Oh, sorry, this is your blog not mine. My bad. Mister loves watching Big Love. I got it for him b/c I knew he'd get a kick out of it. He's always asking if he can get 2 more wives. I gave him permission under a few conditions, of course: 1- *I* get to sleep w/him every night. 2- They have to work while *I* get to stay home. hehehe 3- NO MORE KIDS! lol

    Edgar sounds like a lot of fun.

    Woa! Carrie!

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Cece--omigod LMAO. I just read Edgar your rules and he was like, yeah, we can do that. You can stay home and also sleep with me. Nice, great ideas! :-) And yeah, Carrie is of control. She needs to blog about that, because that is some crazy shit!

    Oh yeah, and just so you know, mi blog es su blog.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    I can't blog about that! Are you crazy? My familia would freak. Although my mom knew about it. She girl was a nurse and the guy was a law student. I was so close to moving in with them. I think I was just going through a wild stage. I was "in love". What got me thinking about it is I got an email from "Jill" just this week. She wanted to know how things were going with Adam and that they both really wanted to see me. She said he never stops talking about me. She says she misses my frienship and how pure I am. What the hell was I thinking???

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Bones said…

    I guess it's no secret that you're supporting Mitt Romney for President.

    And, the smartest man in the Bible was Solomon, and he had 1000 wives. So there ya go.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home