The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, March 19, 2007

A Post By Any Other Name...

I'll spare you the excuses for why I haven't posted in over a week because I've given you enough excuses in the past for this kind of behavior. Instead, I'll just cut to the chase.

It's been over a week since my office moved to the new location. It's going okay so far even though I still don't feel like it's my territory yet--that comfort level just isn't there yet. It has been kind of hectic at work, but I'm hanging in there and some of it has been a lot of fun.

This past weekend was pretty chill. Edgar and I looked at rings on Saturday. Yeah you heard me right, like pretty, sparkly engagement rings! Heart! It was fun and relaxed and comfortable...no freaking out or anything, which I think is a good sign. The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, cleaning, shopping--the usual stuff. Edgar and I booked a room at a bed and breakfast in Williamsburg for this coming Saturday night to celebrate our 3 year anniversary close to a month late! We've just both been so busy we haven't had a free weekend to plan a mini-getaway. I'm really looking forward to it! I still have to figure out where we'll go Saturday. It's good to have a plan or else we'll just end up driving around aimlessly. I'm sure we'll go out to dinner so I have to pick out something cute to wear. Oh and I still have to find someone to dogsit. Sarah? Lauren? Any takers??? I'll be pestering you in person so watch out! :-)

Okay, I'm going to complain about my weight because I haven't in a long time, but I am feeling the need to because I feel gross. I know your like whaa whaa call the whambulance, who wants to hear another young woman complaining about her weight? WHAAA. Okay, I know I'm not overweight, but I have put on a few pounds in the past couple months. Look, I know I could lose the weight in about two weeks if I just shut up about it already and just didn't eat all of the crap I've been feeding myself, but that would defeat the purpose, right? Then what would I complain about?? I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself--you don't have to tell me that--I know. I work out at the gym at least 4 times a week, I'm healthy, blah blah blah, but you know when your pants start feeling just a little snug? It just feels gross. So basically, I just feel a little bit gross. I'm trying to cut out the junk food. Oh and Sarah started Operation Hydration at work and so I'm drinking lots of water because I don't want to lose the competition. I don't like to lose. Ok, enough complaining already, okay? Okay.

Well, I am going to go do my taxes. Edgar is making me jealous because he is getting so much back because we have the house. I'm just crossing my fingers I don't owe Dubya a dime!

So, is there anything you'd like to complain about while we're at it? Complain away!!!

(there I posted, it was random, but are you happy now?? Complainers.)

12 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger janet said…

    I can't believe you just casually mentioned ring shopping in between two other nonrelated things. We needs more DETAILS PLEASE! We like sparkly things!!!! (Yes, I appointed myself to speak for the masses)

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Sparkly sparkly RINGS? I'm with Janet. SPILL THE BEANS, Lindsay. ;)

    Sounds like a veeerrrrryyy nice weekend.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Erika said…

    I wish we had a water competition!! Why can't I work with anybody cool?

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Chiada said…

    As far as the weight department goes, I have a loooong way to go to get back into my wedding dress. :( You work out 4 days a week?! I wish! Sounds awesome. Actually, Hub-E and I have been talking about getting a family gym membership. And for him to bring it up first is a total milestone. This is the guy who is very very anti gym. He's more of a rock climber/hiker/bouldering kind of guy than a gym guy. But, who knows, maybe we'll actually do it and like it.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    yeah for anniversaries and trips and sparkly baubles!!!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger alana said…

    Haha, Matt and I did the ring thing a few weeks ago and it was a big mistake. I fell in love with a large, sparkly one and it made me legitiamtely sad to take it off. It was way too expensive anyway, but my fingers are still crossed it might show up one day....

    Did you two pick something out???

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Frema said…

    Congrats on the ring shopping! I remember being so stressed out about it because Luke wasn't working full time and I felt so guilty about him spending the money. But not guilty enough to say "no" to the ring!

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Bones said…

    Didn't anyone tell him that spring is the worst time to buy a diamond?

    Congrats!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    RINGS?! Yeehaw!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    SPAAARRRRKLY RINGS? Wedding...rings? I'm definitely in Janets' camp. Details. Spill 'em! Congratulations!

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    Girl don't even get me started on weight & taxes! LOL

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Rings?? Really? I want you to be in my engagement club. I can sense it coming. Two other blog friends got engaged in the last 3 months. What's Edgar's number?

    I still haven't done my taxes. I don't want to pay and I always have to pay.

    I've never done a B&B. Let me know how it goes. I'm just not socialable and don't know how to be at one.

    I am demanding. Yes I said demanding. that you update at least 2 times a week. I miss you when you aren't here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home