The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Quick Update

Hey friends! I know I've been MIA lately, but I have been so busy. This past week was incredibly exhausting, stressful and all around, just a hard week. I recently was promoted (kind of) at work. I work in fund raising, as I think I mentioned once or twice before. My office was in our corporate office in Richmond, separate from the retirement communities and residents we raise money for. My boss, her boss, etc etc etc. decided that it would be a good idea to decentralize the fund raising office. Friday, I moved my office to our retirement community in Richmond and I'm now the Director of Gift(s?) Development. Yeah maybe I should figure out my actual title before I order my new business cards! Either way, it's an incredible opportunity. It's also nerve racking, anxiety inducing and sad--it was sad to leave the people I have been working with every day in the corporate office, even though I haven't left the organization and I will still be working with them and I'll see them from time to time. Obviously, the girls I am friends with from the office I will see regardless. I'm tired from all of the emotions and from the stressful week, but I'm also excited to start my "new" yet "not so new" job!



Speaking of friends who I work with, Sarah and I drove to the eastern shore of Virginia this weekend to suprise our dear friend Stacia for her birthday! Okay, the suprise didn't really work, but it wasn't our fault. We didn't have enough control over the situation. We are both control freaks (one of us more than the other, I won't name names cough sarah cough) and we learned an important lesson this weekend: trust no one.



Here we are at the restaurant where we "suprised" Stacia.

It was a great weekend, but after that long week and the stupid government stealing a whole hour from me, I'm beat. I'm heading to bed early because tomorrow I have my first official day at the new office. I hope you had a good weekend!

11 Comments:

  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    Congrats on the new job!

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger janet said…

    you ladies are adorable! good luck at your new location

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    Congratulations! You're going to be great as whatever you want to call yourself. ;)

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Bones said…

    congrats! now if i could only think of a non-profit that needed a gift...

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Congratulations on the new job!

    Blonde development divas rule!!

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Well look at you and all grown up. With a "new" job. How cool is that. I need to go to Virginia.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    What good friends to do that for Stacia. I love it!

    And congrats on the promotion!

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger local traveler said…

    Lindsey and Sarah are the best life friends ever!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 3:50 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    New job - scary, but could be fabulous! :) I'm sending all my best wishes for you, chook. xo

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    Director of Gifts?

    That is the best title ever.

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous motherload said…

    Direct some gifts my way please!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home