The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sanjaya Malakar or I am Moving to Canada

You're still here? Now that's loyalty! First I want to thank Carrie, because if she didn't insist that I start posting more (at least twice a week) I might not be here right now. So, thank you. Speaking of Carrie--the girl is freaking engaged!!! Okay, so she's been with the guy forever, but that doesn't mean I'm not just a little bit jealous, or jealy, as I like to say. Laurel, you can totally empathize with me about engagement jealousy, can't you? Congratulations Carrie! I am truly so happy for you! So, who will be next? Me? Laurel? ? Aimee, the love of my life who sent me a card (a real one sent in the mail!) to congratulate me on my semi-new job! Oh how I love my Aimee! Well now it's a race to the engagement finish line. All I have to say is that if Frema gets pregnant before one of us gets engaged, I'm going to be pissed. You know, happy-pissed.

So a lot of you wanted to know more about the ring that Edgar and I were looking at. This is where Aimee and Laurel slap me and Frema starts getting it on with Luke because she can. The ring we were looking at had a platinum or white gold band. I'm not sure because that part doesn't matter to me as long as it has a silver look--we'd at least do plantinum prongs though because they hold the diamond better. The ring was 4 pronged and had a round cut diamond. Sparkly, sparkly diamond. It was just so beautiful and classic. I really just want a simple, classic ring. For the wedding band I'd probably get a band wrapped in lots of little diamonds, but that's jumping ahead a bit. So, when we get engaged is pretty much up to Edgar now. It was fun looking at the rings so he had an idea of what I like, which coincidentally was also what he really likes too. So, it was fun...now we'll just wait and see.

Last weekend we celebrated our anniversary (a month late) in Williamsburg. We had so much fun walking around the colonial parts of town, stopping at this great cheese shop, appropriately named "The Cheese Shop." We spent way too much money on cheese and wine, but it was so worth it. We went out to dinner and I had some awesome pasta with shrimp and sun dried tomatoes in it and we got a piece of cheese cake to take back to the room with us. Needless to say, we've worked out every night since. I'm trying to lose the 5 pounds I've put on since the beginning of the year. I have about 3 more to go. Okay, everyone slap me again and call the whambulance. It's just that I feel icky when my pants get tight (I know I complained about this in my last post, but it was sooo long ago, can't I complain again?) Anyway, back to the weekend o' love and romance...
...the place we stayed at was really nice and it had a large bathtub with jets. Is that called a hot tub or jacuzzi? I never know the difference. There was also one of those fireplaces you turn on with a switch and a king size bed. It was really relaxing and fun!

And to conclude, I leave you with Edgar in Williamburg with an old fashion rolling pin or something of the sort, me looking like a tool by a horse and these great pictures I took of my contortionist dog, which just crack me up so I thought I'd share.



Oh and what the hell is going on with Sanjaya?!! WTF!?

12 Comments:

  • At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    I'm telling you, woman. We are so the same person in two bodies. Mark knows what I want. A round sparkly diamond in a four-prong white gold setting. Yeah, the 4 prong part is very important...it makes the diamond sit up higher. :)

    Yeah, so now we play the waiting game. ::sigh:: I sooo thought he'd propose during your vacation, because um, Hello?!

    As for the card - I'm a card sending fool...so you've been warned. :P

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Your dog is gorgeous.

    I stopped watching Idol this season because of him. Is he still around?

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Chiada said…

    Your vacation and hotel sound wonderful! My Hub-E and I need to get away soon. And I love the pictures of your doggie! I love dogs. We have two and they are our "kids" sometimes. Doggie personalities are so awesome; they always do funny stuff to crack us up. Have a good weekend!

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Beyotch!!!!!

    Just kidding. AS and I will not be winning the engagement race. I refuse to get married until my sister returns from Namibia in December 2008, so there's no pressure.

    BUT you and / or Aimee should get engaged soon so that we can obsess over your wedding(s)!!

    ALSO, SANJAYA must die. That is all.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Wow, I feel like I have so much power. And now you know why I don't go noodlin' because I have powers and can go to the store for my fish. aha!

    Thank you very much! I never imagined that I would wait 16 years for this but it is done. I just wonder if it will take another 16 years for the exchanging of rings. Oh well I have the ring to pasify me for now.

    Williamsburg looks great! I have another blogger friend that lives in the area and went there recently. Too bad it is a 19 hour drive.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Hey! I kept on stalking too, y'know. :)

    It's funny - you guys all in the same situation. I think I'll be last, but I'm still a nosey spectator in the meantime!

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    I think this is the first time I've seen a picture of Edgar! Good lookin' man you've got there, lady. ;-)

    I don't watch AI so I can't comment on Sanja-who-da-wat.

    I agree w/Carrie, you need to post more! lol

    P.S. stop complaining about 3lbs or I'm gonna have to give you a cyber wedgie!

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    I can totally remember having engagement jealousy. I haven't been married that long, remember? And Luke and I were together for four and a half years before he bought the ring and popped the question, which all happened in the same two-week time period.

    Also, my fertile window isn't for another three weeks, and I don't think I'm pregnant right now, so tell Edgar to get busy!

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Bones said…

    rumor has it that Howard Stern is urging his listeners to vote for sinjaya because he hates Idol. I woudln't put it past him. Howard Stern is a boob.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger janet said…

    eeeeeeeeeek I am very pre-excited for you. I am building up my excitement for the real announcement, but by then I will be VERY VERY excited. That's all I'm sayin.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Wait- so... That wow you left as a comment on the comic. Was that a good wow or a bad wow.

    Because I thought that was kind of a funny comic.

    :)

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    Ring shopping is pretty much the same thing as buying baby booties. Meaning...it's pretty official!

    Hooray for the bling.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home