The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Frema Dream(a)

Just the other night it happened. I had my first dream about a blogger. I dreamt about my dear friend Frema. If you haven't read her blog before, you should. It's good. Good enough that you may even dream about her. The best thing about her is that she recently announced her pregnancy to the world. Yay! Babies! I love babies!

The dream was a combination of pregnant Frema's real life and Tori and Dean: Inn Love, a reality show in which Tori and Dean are hustling to buy, redecorate and open their trendy bed and breakfast before the arrival of their baby (she had the baby in real life, but not yet in the show). If you haven't seen this show, I'm not going to recommend that you do. It's not the best show ever, but then again, has that ever stopped me from watching a show before? Okay once, but I'd rather have a root canal than watch I Love New York. Tori and Dean: Inn Love is addictive, just not on same level as Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica once was, but I digress. Frema and Tori essentially morphed into the same person in my dream. Frema was telling me what it was like to be pregnant and how she wished her mom could be there for her during her pregnancy. She said that she and her mom were never close, but she was hoping the baby would bring them together. She let me know how thankful she was that her dad was there for her. Do you see how my mind has merged Frema and Tori's lives together? When I woke up from the dream, the whole scenario made me laugh. I've clearly been watching too much TV before bed and thinking way too much about babies.

How can I not think about babies? They are all around me. Dude I am not literally in a room full of babies right now. DEE DEE DEE (If you don't get the dee dee dee reference you are not my friend). Seriously though, my best friend from college called me a couple weeks ago to tell me that she is five months pregnant (and you waited until NOW to tell me? biatch) and Edgar's brother and sister-in-law have a baby boy who I get to see about once a week and my boss' daughter is pregnant and I was talking to my sister today about how much we both want babies someday. I just can't take it anymore! This past week I was very emotional because it was that time of the month and I went into Target and stopped at the baby section (bad idea) just to look at all the itty bitty baby clothes OHMIGOD BABIES!!! And I swear my body physically hurt (okay, it may have been the cramps) over yearning so badly for a wittle babykins of my very own.

Psycho...

If I take a deep breath and act rationally for a minute or two I realize that I don't actually want a baby right now. I want to be married first and more established career wise. Right now my relationship with Edgar and my career are my immediate priorities (and my family, but that goes without saying). I also know how difficult and consuming raising kids can be. But still, within a few years I'd like to consider the possibility of having a baby.

If having babies are a trend, I don't want to miss the boat. After all...


13 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger alana said…

    I get like that sometimes too. Baby sections in stores are just evil when you're feeling hormonal.

    I loved Newlyweds as well (I may or may not have bought all three seasons on DVD!). My love for Jessica Simpson started to decline after she left Nick, because that meant no more Newlyweds...and well, now thanks to this John Mayer thing she has officially lost my love for all eternity.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger The "Mind" said…

    I'd probably be the same way if I didn't have two teenagers in the house both enrolled in the same driver's ed class.

    Eh. Maybe not. I've watched my aunts have trouble getting pregnant (ok, so I wasn't sitting there watching...eww), but they went the whole IVF route. I'm not sure I'd go that far to have a kid, even if I didn't have one. And I know Pman wouldn't. LOL!

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    Wow, what a dream! I don't have cable anymore, so I can't get in on the Tori and Dean action, but your merging of Tori and me made me laugh.

    Also, believe me, I know how it feels to want a baby but not be in a position to really have one. When Luke's brother and sister-in-law announced they were pregnant in 2004, I bawled in the car on the way home because Luke and I had been dated for three years and weren't even engaged yet. I'd hear about friends of his who had babies and cry some more.

    And now? As I throw up and lay exhausted on the couch and think about maternity leave? I wonder if we waited long enough. You seriously can't win.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    okay, so now are you happy pissed like you promised when Frema got pregnant before the rest of us got engaged? grrrr.
    :)

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    I hate the baby section in stores, too!

    And now that the weather is nice, the city is teeming with kids. Where have they been all winter???

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    I'm glad my kids are older. Babies are cute but require MUCH more attention than that of 5 & 9 year olds! lol

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Tori & What? What is that? Tori Spelling? Tori Amos? I'm so out of it. Last night I was craving to watch my sassy "Girls Next Door" but I had a child with me and realized all the stuff I couldn't do with them there. It is like the eff word. I used it constantly and had to watch myself. Do you really want to give up the eff word for a little rug rat?

    Okay...so yeah I was tracing his face with my fingers and running my fingers through his hair on his delicate head. And the way he would look up at me... Took my breath away.

    I have to get a job and health insurance before I can have one. Maybe in the next few years.

    Am I retarded or what but this is my 3rd try with the WV.

    4th. UGH!

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Hil said…

    Frema cracks me up. I just adore her and come to think of it, am really surprised I've never dreamed about her.
    I'm so glad you didn't advice us to watch Tori & Dean. They get on my last nerve for some reason.

    As for babies? Well, your time will come, when you are ready.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Sometimes I feel like I want a baby, but then I see them yelling, screaming, kicking, crying and being all snotty (literally with the snot) and I remember that I have plenty of time.

    :)

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Stephanie said…

    Yeah, I dream about bloggers, too. You read what people write; you feel like you know them.

    Oh, and I'm a later-in-life first time mom. It's SO much better with a husband and at a time in my life when I'm more appreciative of things.

    It'll happen for you in just the right time. Really. In the mean time, anytime you want to borrow Bethany, especially if you're on a night flight, just let me know. Oh, she's a barrel of laughs, that one!!

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am sad to announce that there were no threesome dreams to be had last night.

    DANG!

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    Don't give into the pressure, until you are ready.

    (I have to throw that out there.)

    And also, please tell me that's a real onesie. I need one for my little guy.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Bones said…

    Custom motorcycles are the new poker. Have you seen how often American Chopper is on tv?

    Screw the baby and get a bike.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home