The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, April 02, 2007

Probably The Best Interview Ever

"Here are your questions. And well, since you're getting some questions - this does mean you have to post you know!" -Aimee

Here are my answers to the interview questions from Aimee. If you want me to ask you 5 questions, just let me know!

1) If you could choose a different career, with the same salary (or more!) than you have now, would you switch? What would you do instead?
If I decided to choose a different career I would probably do event planning/wedding planning instead. I do some event planning as part of my current job, but I would do it full time. I would love to help people plan their weddings, but I would be afraid of the bridezillas!

2) What do you do when you want to treat yourself?
When I want to treat myself I generally go shopping by myself. It's a chance to spend some quality time with myself, by myself, but also it's just fun! If I'm feeling broke and stressed over money, the mall stresses me more, so instead I might get a Starbucks Coffee and hang out at Barnes and Noble or something like that. Oh and going walking at the park is a treat too!

3) You are given a gift certificate (for $50 to $100), you can only buy one thing - what do you buy?
Right now I would buy a new end table for my living room. That or a really high end vibrator. I'm just kidding. I'd totally buy an end table.

4) What moments in your life would you consider to be character defining?
I don't know if I have actual moments, but I have experiences that have been character defining. The first would be going to high school at the private prep school I went to--I would say the fact that my parents took me out of public school and put me in a school with other students like me who wanted to learn and wanted to succeed was one of my top character defining experiences. Of all the things my parents have given me, that is by far one of the things that makes me feel truly blessed--I know that sounds ridiculously cheesy, but I know that I wouldn't be where I am or the person I am if it weren't for them. Also, studying abroad in Australia for a semester my junior year of college, going to the March for Women's Lives in Washington DC my senior year of college, and the past three years have also been very character defining for me.

5) We are hanging out and you lean over and say something to be that CRACKS ME UP. What did you say?
I think I said something about "pink spaghetti."

EDITED TO ADD: This will tell you all you need to know about "pink spaghetti"--what I like to call an Aimeeism.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Bones said…

    don't they sell vibrating end tables?
    You should try a futon store. Maybe they sell something like that, considering they sell futons. sucks as a bed and sucks as a couch!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Aimee said…

    OMG EW! lol

    Can we start a bicoastal wedding planning business? I was telling Mark that I would love to do that, but I'd get to a point where I'd be, "bitch please! that is so white trash, you are NOT using those centerpieces. MY GOD!"
    That might not go over well.
    Though my "standing up to mother in laws" is a really good selling point.
    lol

    OMG when you get engaged, I get to help plan! LOL

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    I find that the event planning aspect of my job sometimes takes away the fun of other events. Like when I'm at a wedding and they herd the guests into another room for cocktail hour, all I can think about is the event staff changing the room from ceremony to reception! I imagine the hundreds of tiny crises going down in the next room! I don't think I could handle wedding planning for that very reason.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    If I was to have a wedding I would have you plan it. I don't know crap about it. Until about a year ago, I didn't even know which finger the ring went on. Actually we were discussing how to do marriage license and stuff. I bought weddings for dummies and I hope I learn something.

    A high end vibrator? Lindsey! Your mother reads this. LOL

    And what is pink spaghetti?

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Stephanie said…

    Um, I guess it's all about priorities.

    And, ...hmmm...

    I have an idea what "pink spaghetti" is, but ...

    Maybe I don't wanna know for sure.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Um...Hello? What about the deal?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home