The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm Back!

I'm back from my trip! My flight got in last night around 7 pm and I was happy to spend the evening with my fiance. Haha I have a fiance. That's so weird. I don't really like the word fiance so instead I call him my Beyonce. I say things like, "I have to call my Beyonce to check up on it" or "I'm just so crazy in love." Who could resist a bootylicious Beyonce like mine? Yeah, he hates it. He can't stand being called my Beyonce. Well, that's all the more reason to marry me ASAP! Yeah, I'm a total dork, but I never claimed to be cool.

Edgar and our two hairy babies were so happy to see me last night. One of them had a "red rocket" over the excitement, but I won't say who.

My sister's graduation was last Thursday and she is now officially a member of the real world. Welcome to the club, Sara!! After her graduation in Burlington, VT I drove back to Syracuse, NY with my family and I spent a few days with them. On Sunday I spent the afternoon with my best friend from college--her name is Audrea and she is about 6 months pregnant and looks so beautiful and healthy. It was just sooo nice to spend time with someone from my "past." On Monday Mom, Sara and I went to David's Bridal to look at dresses. It was a lot of fun. I didn't find "the one," but I definitely got an idea of what type of dress I might like. Other than that I just hung out and relaxed. It was a great vacation and it came at just the right time work wise. Let's just say, it was a much needed break.

So that's what I've been up to, what about you?

P.S. Julie, I know you tagged me. I'll get to it. No worries!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger The "Mind" said…

    Someone's watched her share of South Park. LOL!

    Oh, and Da Dog is always the happiest to see me after I've been gone. He's developed this nasty habit of rolling over onto his back and setting off the "Urine Fountain". Ugh. Just what I want to come home to. Now we make sure to let him outside first.

    Beyonce, I love it. I just have a SO, but he's more than so-so. Eh. That was bad huh? I'm sleep deprived and that is about as much humor as I can muster.

    Glad you had an enjoyable break.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Thank god you're back.
    I couldn't take another day without my biatch.


    And OMG BEYONCE! That is so effing funny.

    Can I steal that?
    You know in like 15 years when Tim finally asks?

    Thankyouverymuch

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    I think you are starting a cultural / linguistic revolution with "Beyonce" For real.

    Glad you're back--and congrats to sissy!!

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    "Edgar and our two hairy babies were so happy to see me last night"

    Why do I have weird thoughts when I read this line. I thought you were giving us too much info on his "babies". LOL

    Adam is my Financee. I don't like the word either but I am not pushing for a wedding. I think we have decided to actually do it and not just go to the courthouse. I'm not wearing a dress though. No way!

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    Sounds like you had a great time!

    Dude, boys are nasty. Pets & humans. lol My sister had a boy dog & we'd call it his "pink crayon" . Blah

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    I always hated the word fiance, too. It sounds so snobby to me!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    It took me months to get used to calling Nick my fiance. It just sounded so weird. Then after getting married it took me even longer to get used to calling him my husband. Now I just call him Hey You and all is right with the world.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home