The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Friday, June 29, 2007

Deep Thoughts on Vera Bradley and Paris Hilton

On Vera Bradley
I was shopping at a gift shop/boutique on my lunch break called Tweed where I have befriended one of the sales girls. Kimmy is probably in her early 20s at the most and her grandmother lives in the retirement community where I work. She mentioned the new Vera Bradley patterns that will come out later this summer. I asked if she had the vendor book because I would LOVE to get a sneak preview! She had it! She showed it to me! It made my week!

I know some of you aren't familiar with my one true love, Vera Bradley. If you don't have a Vera bag, you are missing out. You need one. I was so happy to see the new patterns. Sometimes it's hard to tell from the catalog whether or not I'll like the patterns in person, but a couple of them definitely had potential. Love.

On Paris Hilton
So, who saw the Paris Hilton interview on Larry King the other night? What did you think about it? While I thought she was being fairly sincere, there are definitely people who should not be given an hour interview slot. It was so boring listening to her say the same thing over and over again. A ten minute interview would have sufficed. I could have talked about my wedding plans for an hour and you would have gotten more out of it, let's just put it that way.

10 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger janet said…

    I got four VB Medallion bags (2 big, 2 small) for my bday! I am loving medallion, it seems more "adult" than some of their other patterns, ya know?

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Wow, it's so quiet around the Blogosphere lately! Those bags sound awesome.. I've never heard of that brand before. (Just another thing we don't have here... gah... frustrating! I wants all these pretty things!)

    I think she had a loooot of time to practice her answers.. and to be honest, I'm sort of over her. I'd much rather see you on Larry King talking about wedding stuff!

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Erika said…

    Michael Moore was supposed to have the hour on LKL and got bumped for Paris...he was really disappointed about it, he talked about it on The Daily Show.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I used my VB Villager so much that the place where the bag hit my hip wore out!

    I looked at the website to show you the pattern but it doesn't look like it exists anymore.

    Oh and I use my Hope Toile duffle every time I go away :)

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    I've never heard of Vera Bradley but then again I'm not one of you guys. You and your shopping habits. And bags. I've got my pretty coach bag and that is all I need. lol

    It pissed me off when I heard they bumped MM for that airhead. I couldn't watch it. Yeah when nothing else is on, I'll watch simple life but that is as far as I will go with Paris.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    I love my VB bags! I am contemplating asking for a garment bag for my birthday... in Java Blue, of course!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    Aww, I don't do quilted bags. But I hope you get a good one! lol

    Oh Pairs. Paris. Paris. That's all I gotta say.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger thethinker said…

    I didn't watch the whole Paris interview but I did see the clip where she claims to be so into the Bible these days yet is unable to name her favorite part of it.

     
  • At 2:57 AM, Blogger Maya said…

    Duuuuuuude....all I can say is this: My female membership card may be revoked for saying this but: a) I have/had NO IDEA about either P.H. or V.B. Every purse I have (including the Prada) except one (leather, faux Prada) was bought FOR ME. Mostly by guys.

    I fail at Woman 101. :( LOL

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger The "Mind" said…

    Paris Hilton is in the same category as Tom Cruise and Michael Jackson. If we'd just stop talking about them and ignore these idiots, they'd slink back to whatever hole they crawled out of in the first place. You hear me Larry King, that means do not have any of these morons on your show anymore. You too Oprah. And Matt Lauer. And that would be truly fine with me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home