The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Wedding Talk Per Usual and Updates

You asked for it. The Good Kind of Dorky is now no holds barred wedding talk. Once we have it more "put together" I'll share with you Edgar and my wedding website. Yes, we are that cool.

I cannot thank you guys enough for the wonderful advice you gave me. You all made me feel so much better. I saw SIL over the weekend and things were much better. She asked about where we were thinking of having the reception and I told her and we talked a little bit about the wedding, but I refrained from sharing too much. I pretty much said how classy and upscale our reception site is and that shut her up. My mom thinks I should say something to her at my reception about how much better it would be if there was a big grill, haha! I'm not going to because hopefully that will be the last thing on my mind, but you never know.

If I don't get fired between now and my wedding, I'll be shocked. It's so hard to concentrate at work these days. I am going to make a real effort to limit how much wedding stuff I do from work...no really...I'll be good. Tomorrow the catering director from our tentative reception site is faxing me a contract. It's so nerve racking because I have to put down a deposit, which means I can't change my mind. Maybe this wedding will cure me of my indecisiveness, but it could make it worse, you never know. Event planning is so much easier at work when I'm spending someone else's money!!! Here is one picture from inside the golf club, where we are having the reception, just to give you a sneak peek.
I can't wait. If the catering director gave away my date, I'll pretty much kill him. I'm just sayin.' Oh yeah! Did I tell you my date yet? I can't remember. 6/7/08 so hot right now.

This wedding has taken over my life. My mom and I have been looking at sooo many websites for cakes, flowers, dresses, etc. It's out of control. Rumor has it she bought me a wedding book over the weekend so a care package in my near future is totally possible. Also, my mother-in-law to be gave me my birthday present early (my birthday isn't until October). She knew that I would be stressing over all of the planning so she got me a gift certificate for an hour long massage. I can't wait to go because I've never had a massage before!

So those are pretty much my updates and ramblings for the time being. We are meeting with Father John a week from Wednesday (he had to cancel last week) to talk about the ceremony. I made sure that they would reserve the date for me. Game on.

Shout outs to Cece for sharing tons of her wedding photos with me and to Aimee for sending me the sweetest card.

Oh, oh, oh and Laurel has inspired me to run a 5K race. It's in October. Please don't let me wimp out you guys.

Paris is back in jail! Loves it!

13 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger janet said…

    I love wedding talk! Bring it on. I am also very budget conscious if you want to email me for a budget reality check.

    6/7/8 is a cool date! Almost as good as 11/11 :)

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    How exciting! I get to experience the wedding stuff vicariously through you, woohoo! :) :) :)

    The massage sounds heavenly!

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger Maya said…

    I love 6/7/08 - It'll be only 3 days after our 8th anniversary! June bride and all that - very good. I love the look of your location - can't tell exactly, but golf course views are always good. What's your palette? Food leanings? Favorite flowers?

    Somebody stop me. I have incurable wedding fever.

    The massage will do wonders for you - I have one coming as part of my anniversary present and can't wait!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I love how you ended this post with a Paris shout out!!

    WOOOT WOOT!

    So excited for your wedding.
    P.S. You don't have to convince me to move to DC.

    Boston is so losing again this morning!

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Eek!! Never stop talking about your wedding!! I love it!! The venue looks beautiful. SO excited.

    Also, you will rock the 5K! I love evangelizing people into running. Muahahahaha.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Cece said…

    I'm glad your enounter w/your SIL wasn't stressful the 2nd time around! lol I'm here for you girl!

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    The reception site looks super classy and elegant -- good choice!

    Enjoy that massage. It's going to be heavenly.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    You are moving along nicely. I haven't even thought about the wedding. I'm so bad. I guess I should blog about it.

    You have never had a massage? That is just crazy.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger The "Mind" said…

    That reception venue is gorgeous! There's nothing that nice around here.

    Love the date, 6/7/08. Cute! Pman totally missed the boat on us getting married on 6/6/06. He's a freak over the number 666...as in, he loves to use it and freak people out. I think his parents would have come un-glued if we did the deed on that day. And oh, lookie me, I'm his partner in crime and would totally have done it.

    Anyhow, keep up with the wedding talk, I love it. Plus, it'll give me ideas for ours. You know, whenever he finally gets around to agreeing to it.

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    Loving the pic of the site! Pretty!!

    Enjoy the massage. :)

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Erika said…

    I love your date. I say send out save-the-date cards (1) because I'm anal like that and (2) because it will probably be next year's "7/7/07" and you want everyone to know you thought of it first.

    You know what I always hated about looking at reception sites? How they were usually setting up for another wedding and I was so jealous that it wasn't MY turn yet. Your place looks gorgeous. ("The Place" we went to this weekend was not that great...really disappointed in the food but I'm not sure if that was a choice the couple made)

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Frema said…

    6-7-08! Love it. :)

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Oh and by the way, I am not sick of you yet, considering you haven't posted in almost a week!!

    :)
    I am sick of seeing the "Are you sick of me yet" title when I open your page.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home