The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Conversation I Ran Into

A few nights ago I was out for a run with my beloved Bugs. I saw three boys hanging out in the street with their skateboards. I have trouble guessing ages, especially when it comes to boys, but I would say they were around 12 or 13. As I was approaching them I heard them say the word "dildo" (oooh the google searches...) and then they started snickering. I thought to myself, kids. They saw me coming and so they moved out of the way. As I passed by them one of them said, "He uses dildos," and laughter ensued. I tried not to laugh because I didn't want to encourage them and I didn't say anything back because I didn't want to be the predator who talks to young boys about dildos. I'm sure the victim of that comment was not too appreciative, but I'm just glad to know that playfully embarassing your friends never goes out of style.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Audrey said…

    I would have a hard time running by that without laughing. Once when I was going through the drive-thru the guy working the window accidentally said "fuck" when I was in ear-shot. He looked at me and said "you didn't hear that." I, not being good at thinking on my feet, just laughed and said something like "nope!" But as soon as I pulled away with my tacos I realized exactly what I SHOULD have said: "I didn't hear a fucking thing."

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I think I would have laughed so hard that I couldn't run anymore.

    That word is so funny.

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger The "Mind" said…

    I would have died laughing and I probably would have said something. Eh. I think that comes from having teenage boys in the house already. And no, with boys, offering up their friends for sacrifice is something they do until the day they die.

    Trust me. ;)

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Chiada said…

    That is really hilarious. I don't know how I would have responded; maybe with a snort and a comment like "oh, I'm sorry", or something. *shrug*

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    I know exactly how I would have responded.

    "Really? Me too!" In my best Phoebe Buffet voice.

    But then I am weird like that.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    I would've cracked up & kept on going. But I really do like Carrie's response best! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home