The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, July 23, 2007

Punked

Holy guacamole my friends! If I were seriously about the walk down the aisle in that ruffled monstrosity(see previous post), I hope to goodness that you would stop me, smack me and for goodness sakes get me something else to wear!

Okay, so I don't really think the dress was that bad, and it has suprisingly grown on me (not enough to actually consider it), but let's face it--NO. It's just not me. I'm sure that dress would be perfect for someone out there and I know a few of you genuinely liked it...a lot (cough Chiada cough), but I really just tried it on for the fun of it. I just wanted to mess with you guys to see how you'd react. A couple of you might have been lying as to not hurt my feelings, one of you insulted it and then said just kidding (but I just know you hate the dress lol ), one of you avoided saying "I" and just said "Great dress," (LMAO), and one of you avoided dress talk altogether CHA CHA CHA. Call me a beyotch, but you all had me entertained for the entire day. Thanks!

I do hope that this little "trick" does not turn into a boy who cried wolf scenario. When I actually choose THE dress you all better love it and tell me I am the most beautiful bride to have ever walked this earth and no one could surpass or even match my beauty. And if you hate the dress and think I look ugly, you better have some pretty damn good lies ready.

15 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger janet said…

    i actually really did like the dress!!!! so there :)

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Mrs. Higrens said…

    Phew!

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    I liked the dress, too!

    I guess I just think you'd look beautiful in any dress. (I am a suck up.)

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    There is no way in damn hell that I would tell a bride to be that her wedding dress is ugly. You've got to be insane. Have you watched Bridzilla? To each there own. It did fit you really well but it wouldn't be something I would pick.

    I would pick something like this.

    I don't like a lot of fluff so that is the dress I would wear.

    You are too funny though.

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Chiada said…

    Awww, that's messed up!!!! Yes, I actually really did like the dress. I'm glad I'm not alone... *sniff* I thought it looked great on your figure, and had all the sparkle and glamour you like. Oh well. But sheesh, to get punk'd! And you laughing at me all day long way over there on the East Coast! You must seriously think my sense of style and fasion is horrible. It's actually not, I swear! *hmph!* Eh, don' worry, I'll get over it. You had your joke. I'll get you later, my sweet. :)

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    You've got to toss out a code word so we'll know when the "real" THE ONE is posted. lol

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    I was thinking it was not what I would have pictured for you, but I didn't want to rip on it if you really loved it!

    I thought I detected a hint of sarcasm, but i was too paranoid of misreading your sincerity for sarcasm, so I kept the comment on the diplomatic side.

    Now that i know the truth, though? I'm a little relieved that I didn't completely mis-interpret your personality and the type of dress that would be The One for you.

    Although if you were having a salsa-themed wedding? Then it just might have been perfect.

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    I'm sooooo laughing at this because it just goes to show that the internet is full of liars. LOL

    Speaking of which, will you please clarify when you have actually spent money on a dress so we know when to be honest and when to tell you it's the most gorgeous dress we've ever seen?

    Of course, you make everything look pretty. :)

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger The "Mind" said…

    Bitch~!

    It's not a bad dress and if you were going the whole fiesta style wedding, it would be perfect. Really.

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Sarah said…

    Ooooh! I have my lie all picked out for your real dress! Want to test drive it? TOO BAD! You have to wait. =P

    And I totally missed out on the fake dress fun, so by the time I saw it I knew it was a fake, which makes me sad. But it all honesty? You pretty much do rock that dress.

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Sarah said…

    Crap! Where's the edit button?! IN all honesty! IN!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    THANK GOD!!!!!
    See how I clever I am avoiding the subject.
    Although I am usually pretty blunt.

    You're trickster you!

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Why are you letting these people mock my dress? sad day :(

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Angela said…

    I just looked at the photo in question, and I actually kind of like it too. Perhaps it was worse in person than in your photo, or maybe you just wore it so well that we couldn't help it! Can't wait to see the real deal.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Gah! I missed the dress post.. bloglines is being a huge pain in the butt.

    Looking back though, regardless of the ruffles, you were working that dress! ;) Beautiful girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home