The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Devastated

I was checking People.com this morning and was shocked when I read this. You don't understand. I LOVE them. I love the show House and I love Cameron and Chase. I even bought the recent issue of In Style Weddings just because Jennifer Morrison was on the cover and there was an entire article about their relationship and engagement. What a waste of $6.

Everytime a couple I love breaks up, I say to myself, "What? Why? But they were perfect!!" Think Nick and Jess. I don't think I am completely over that one.

Maybe it's time I stop putting other couples up on a pedestal just to watch them fall. Why is it that I fall into the "grass is greener" mentality when it comes to celebrities when, in reality, what I have with Edgar is clearly more "perfect" than anything Carmen and Dave ever had? I just don't want to believe that they are human too. It just goes to show, you never really know what goes on behind closed doors.

Regardless, it still makes me sad when couples who I find to be completely adorable and The Ultimate Ideal, break up. Where then is the hope for us mere mortals?

Am I the only one who falls into this trap?

13 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger The "Mind" said…

    Dude, I rarely openly admit to this shit, but I think I was heartbroken when Dave and Carmen split. I just so wanted them to work. Damn! Who is the big dork now?

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger alana said…

    Not at all. Honestly, I am STILL sad about the Nick and Jessica breakup. Say what you will about those two, but I thought they were a great couple, really well-suited for each other. Every time I see an old episode of Newlyweds, I secretely hope for a reconcilliation.

    I think it's because when you start to get invested in a celeb couple and then it falls apart, it sort of makes you realise that it could happen to you. (Even though everyone knows us regular people have a much better shot at holding together a marriage!)

    Sorry about your House couple!

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    The worst for me were Brad & Jen and Reese & Ryan... both couples who somewhat flew under the radar.

    My heart, it breaks!

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Marriage-101 said…

    I'm with Sass, the worst for me was Brad and Jen followed by Reese and Ryan. I kept waiting for Nick and Jess to get back together but it never happened. And now Brit and K-Fed...well, I wanted it to work only so he wouldn't take her to the cleaners in the divorce, which is happening now. All I have left are Tim and Faith.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    And this is why we get along so well. I, personally, am still not over Brad and Jen. They just seemed so perfect together! How could things have possibly gone wrong?!

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Yes you are alone. lol

    No I am still not over the whole Justin & Britney thing. I keep hoping now that they are single that he will swoop in there and fix whatever the hell is wrong with her.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    Get a life! LMAO

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous cady said…

    i am in shock!! i thought they were the cutest couple!! i'm with you...i get sad too. i'm with the others on brad and jen, and ryan and reese. part of me still hopes they'll all get back together! :)

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Oh no! They were so gorgeous together, too. And House is one of my fave shows. (I secretly wish Jen and Brad would have an affair to get back at Ange.)

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger The Mouse said…

    Nope, I'm totally falling right there with ya.

    Reese & Ryan totally slayed me.

     
  • At 3:46 AM, Blogger notanlines said…

    Nick and Jissica :..(

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am still not over Jenn and Brad.

    Seriously.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    i'm still sad over ryan and reese. they were so cute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home