The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I Hate Photographers

Okay, that's a lie. I hate making big decisions. I hate making big decisions that involve spending big bucks. After agonizing over which photographer to choose for weeks and narrowing it down, I think I've made my decision. No. Not "I think." I have. See, I'm even indecisive about decisions I've already made. I haven't signed anything yet or put down a deposit so technically...

All of your great advice yesterday really helped me to just go with a "reasonable" price and not look back. I'm done considering the "good enoughs" and I've decided to go with a woman who provides the style I'd like even if she is, in my opinion, slightly pricier than what I would like to spend. She was willing to work with me to customize a package so I could get a more middle of the road price in terms of what she offers. I hope you guys don't mind me talking about money. I'm just trying to be honest with you guys and give you an idea of what this crap costs. Have I mentioned how lucky I am to have Maya, a real life wedding planner as a friend?

Here, check out the woman I've decided to have photograph my wedding and let me know what you think. Remember, I haven't signed anything yet, so there is always room for indecision.

My Own Personal Paparazzi?

12 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger janet said…

    I am digging her. And she has a blog! Go for it!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Mrs. Higrens said…

    I like. And if you like her and her style and (important) she is willing to work with you to lower your costs while still giving you a good product, I think you have a keeper. And may all of your other items go the same way (band, cake, etc.).

    Don't worry about talking money. Cost is a major consideration in making so many wedding related decisions. It would be strange if you didn't discuss it.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Erika said…

    She looks terrific Lindsey!!! And seems like tons of fun which is important because you'll spend so much time with her (are you doing engagement photos/bridal portraits? YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED IN THE SOUTH, YOU KNOW)

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I love it!

    WOOHOO for a decision!!

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    She looks really really great. And her pricing doesn't look too bad, either. I think you made the right decision!

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Just let me do it. I'll do it for free. I mean I am a brides maid.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    The site looks great!! I think it's going to be wonderful. I want to know if you're having an engagement shoot, too.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Trina said…

    Tag you're it! I found your blog the other day and I thought I would tag you for a meme :) Good luck with the photographer!

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    NICE! I knew you could find someone who worked for your needs AND your budget!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger The "Mind" said…

    I love her online galleries. I'd say she is a good choice. I really love some of the photos, like the wedding bands w/an invitation (or something) as a backdrop showing merely the date. Love it.

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous elise said…

    I think your photog looks great. Way to go making a choice! I know I always have trouble - I want to make the "best" decision, knowing lots of times that there probably isn't really just ONE "best" thing to choose.

    I know your pictures will be lovely :)

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    She does nice work. I'm glad you got one picked out! Have you announced your wedding date yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home