The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Friday, August 31, 2007

Sister-Sister

My sister, Sara, is in town for the weekend. Her flight got in Thursday night and she'll be here until Monday morning. Today we had sisterly bonding time in the form of a bridesmaid/maid of honor dress shopping extravaganza. A decision has not been made yet, but we took a lot of photos. Here are a few of the highlights.

This dress is pretty cute. Imagine it in pink.

Fuck that.
The snobby Richmond bridal shop just changed their policy and now allows photos!

You get the point. There are a few other dresses that are possibilities too. Regardless of the style, the dresses will be pink. RAAARRR bridezillllaaaaaa.

After we looked at dresses, I took Sara to Short Pump Mall for a little shopping and to show her one of my favorite places in Richmond.

Look, a short pump.

We went to Ann Taylor Loft because who doesn't love a store that always has a sale?! I walked to the register with shorts very similar to the ones featured below fully intending to pay the $30 which appeared on the sticker. It was $20 less than the original price so I figured I was getting a deal. Apparently, I hadn't taken into account the additional sale price. They rang up as $4.00! I felt like I'd won the lottery. They might as well have given them to me free for cripes sakes.


This evening I've been hanging out with Edgar and Sara, while Sara has been creating her very own blog! I think it is still in the creation stage, so I won't share the link with you just yet. I completely peer pressured her ("Peeeeer pressuuuure. Doooo iiiiit.") into starting a blog so she'll fit in when we drive to DC on Sunday with Sarah and Lauren for a mini-blogher of our very own, where we'll meet up with Janet, Isabel, Erika (who I've met once before) and the Operation Pink Herring chick. Maybe I should frantically start reading her entire blog. Maybe I shouldn't, lest I come across as an overzealous, stalker-freak.

You can rest assured--the close of the weekend will no doubt bring a pictorial update.

What do you have planned for labor day weekend? Have you been wearing as much white as possible while it's still socially acceptable?

9 Comments:

  • At 1:22 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Okay seriously, you girls have got to stop with these meet-ups. *sniff*

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger janet said…

    See ya tomorrow! I'm thinking about wearing white pants.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Erin said…

    Cute shorts! I had a similar experience with a pair of shoes this summer. Thought I was getting them for a steal at $25, but then they rang up for $7....so I bought them in black and brown!

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Nap Queen said…

    What an awesome deal! Those shorts are too cute.

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    I'm so jealous of you for getting to meet those girls. And I'm super jealous of them for getting to meet you. Why doesn't anybody ever come to colorado?

    I love that first dress. It looks fabulous on your sister, and the style is perfect for your wedding. (At least your wedding as it appears in my imagination.)

    Holy crap those shorts were practically free!

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger The "Mind" said…

    Blue seems to have been my color for the weekend. Hmm. It's basically all I packed to go camping. Then again, camping + white = ruined clothing, so it's all good.

    Have fun w/your sister and the other bloggers. Meeting online peeps in person rocks! Seriously. The crew of girls that I now refer to as my bestest friends are all people I initially "met" online. I would trust my kids to them. Hell, I would leave my kids to them if something happened to me. Err, wait, maybe not...that is more like torture than a gift. LOL!

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    ATL is famous for the "extra sale priced price" I bought two tops for $14 TOTAL! woot!

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Your sister is so adorable and I love those dresses.

    I totally wore white pants to work on Friday, just to get them in one last time!

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I worked all weekend.

    BOOOOO.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home