The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, September 03, 2007

A Bloggerific Sunday

My Sunday began early as I prepared to make my way to our Nation's Capitol City, accompanied by Sarah and Lauren. It was more like Lauren and I accompanied Sarah since, by default, she was the driver. Lauren's car is a Mini and mine is air conditionally challenged. Unfortunately, my sister was unable to come with us because she wasn't feeling well, but hopefully her new blog was not created in vain. Let's hope she makes it past the first post. I have faith in her.

Sarah, Lauren and I parked in Vienna and rode the metro in. We regretted not calling Erika to let her know that we were in Vienna as she was parked just a few cars away from us. Don't worry, it will never happen again. Seriously. You do not want to anger Erika. Lesson learned.

When we got to our metro stop we headed over to the restaurant Matchbox to meet up with everyone. I'm always a little anxious to meet people I feel like I know so well from blogging, but have never met in "real life." Will it be awkward? Will they like me? Will I like them? Erika was the first and only person I'd met from blogging and it was a really positive experience so I was hopeful.

Love: The first person we saw when we walked in the door was Janet. She was dressed all cute, rocking the white pants while she still could. It's funny, when you meet another blogger, it never really feels like the first time you've met them. Janet is totally cute and sweet, just like on her blog! In person though, she is more city girl chic than I thought she would be (I don't mean that in a good or bad way--just an observation). I like her a lot and hope to have many more opportunities to spend time with her.

We went to our table to wait for the others. Erika was next to show up. Seeing Erika for the second time ever was like seeing a best friend you've known forever--you can always just pick back up where you left off and it's never awkward. I can't believe I haven't known her my whole life.

The next to arrive was Isabel, with The King and Babboo in tow. Let me tell you, she has one cute baby. Seriously, he oozes adorable. If you think Isabel is awesome on her blog, then you will love her even more in person. She is fun, easy to talk to and spunky. And she is even more gorgeous in person.

Jennifer and her boyfriend were the last to show up. I haven't read her blog so I didn't know much about her, but I plan to read it in the future. She seemed really nice, but we were at opposite ends of the table so I didn't get a chance to talk to her very much.

So, you are probably all like, "Shut up, Lindsey. Show us the damn pictures." Jeez. Simmer down already. Here you go.

We all had something other than blogging in common.
Can you match the foot to the blogger?


Janet uses Isabel to reenact the Larry Craig situation so that we would all understand exactly how it all went down. Thank you, Janet, for sharing your vast knowledge with us. ;-)

The infamous under-the-stall reach
Me, Janet, Sarah

All of us!

Shortly after lunch we went our separate ways for the most part--Erika, Sarah, Lauren and I walked down past the Washington Monument, past the WW2 Memorial and all the way up the marble steps to see the Lincoln Memorial. I learned that, no, you cannot sit in his lap and, yes, it is actually Lincoln not just "the dude in the chair." The nation's backyard (as Erika instilled in our minds) is really just one big learning lab!

Oh, and the Reflecting Pool actually reflects something significant. Who knew?

After the fabulous sight seeing we went over to Erika's house to meet her baby, Evan, and husband, Jonathan. Evan is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute and sweet and silly and smart. I am in love! Their two dogs, Diesel and Scrappy are so cute too. Diesel and I are very fond of each other and it is entirely possible we made out.

After all of the fun with Sara and the awesome day with my now real-life blogger friends, I am wiped out! I took Sara to the airport this morning, picked up breakfast at Dunkin Donuts and later, treated myself to an afternoon nap. Come tomorrow it's back to the grind. Thanks for the amazing weekend, ladies.

14 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger janet said…

    Thank you for the lovely "city girl chic" compliment! However, those photos of me channeling Larry Craig might cause people to question your judgement :)

    It was fabulous meeting you, darling!

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Nap Queen said…

    How fun!! I've been wanting to meet Isabel for so long, and I'm going to have to start reading Janet's blog because those reenactment photos ARE AWESOME. Totally hilarious.

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Looks like a great time was had by all! :)

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    OMG.

    I am dying of jealousy. DYING.

    You all look so cute and girly and like you're having so much fun.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger The "Mind" said…

    Oh, how fun! You got to meet some bloggers! Yay!

    I lurve my get-togethers with my girls.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Operation Pink Herring said…

    HI!! It was awesome to meet you in person, even though we were at opposite sides of the table... and I'll be reading your blog from now on, too :)

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said…

    That sounds awesome! Gotta love blogger meet-ups :)

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger *~*Cece*~* said…

    Cute pictures! I was in DC a few years ago w/a group of girlfriends & LOVED the monuments! I think Lincoln's was my favorite! And the reflecting pool? OMG its SO beautiful! Sounds like you had a great time!

    So, when is your ass gonna be in CA? lol

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Erin said…

    This sounds like so much fun!

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Marriage-101 said…

    I've been reading Isabel and Janet for quite some time so I am very jealous. So much fun!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    So, when exactly are you coming to Colorado, hmmmmmm?

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous elise said…

    I already have said this once, but I am SO JEALOUS that you girls all got to meet! I so wish I could have been there. I even have flip-flops! I totally would have worn them!

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous zandria said…

    Janet had very nice things to say about meeting everyone. She invited me to come, too, but I was out of town that weekend (in Richmond, incidentally). Glad you guys had a good time. :)

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    SO MUCH FUN TO MEET YOU!! I just wish we had more time.

    BlogHer 08, here we come!!

    (I love the pics of Janet/Larry Craig!)

    And also, where are the pics of baby E?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home