The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Quickie

Well I've come down with a cold again. Didn't I just have one a month or two ago? I hadn't had a cold in almost 3 years and now I've gotten two in the past few months. WTF! Also, I haven't worked out in days (and I ate mucho crapola over the weekend) so of course I get sick and now I can't go running, making me feel even crappier. Anyway, I went home a little early from work, watched old episodes of Project Runway (heart!) and then took a nap. My sweet, loving fiance brought me home a Subway wrap because I just did not feel like cooking and neither did he. We need to get much better about coming up with meals for dinner. I feel like it is a constant struggle to come up with something good, healthy and interesting to eat. I suppose that is a post for another time. I also want to continue where I left off last post, but I'm tired and I must stay up to watch the premiere of House. Holy crap am I excited!

How about I give you, instead, an anecdote from this morning.

Edgar: Did you have any dreams last night?

Me: Yeah, I did, but I can't really remember them clearly.

Edgar: Well, when I came to bed last night you were already asleep so I held your hand hoping that you would dream about us holding hands.


Precious baby. It's little things like this that make me love you so much!

14 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Erin said…

    What a sweet story! :)

    Bummer about your cold...but, watching Project Runway is always a joy!

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    That is so sweet that I puked a little in my mouth. j/k

    I'm sorry you are sick. Get better!

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    1. I love that my post today involved the word cock and yours involved the word quickie. I am glad that you and I have a similar sense of humor. It's too bad that we share this trait mostly with 13-year-old boys.

    2. Edgar = adorable! You should tots marry him.

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Marriage-101 said…

    Sorry you're sick. We also struggle with the weekly at home meals. I've been finding some good recipes lately that I'll have to post.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Mrs. Higrens said…

    Dinners are so frustrating...I want to look into one of those places where you make meals and then freeze them for later so you don't actually have to cook from scratch every night but are still eating homemade / healthy / interesting. I tend to make the same easy things every week until we are sick of them, and then struggle to find another recipe which is quick and easy.

    I hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Elise said…

    I am THE WORST EVER at cooking at home. Also! Have a miserable cold, complete with ear popping, throat scratching, coughing, can't breathe nastiness.

    I totally feel for ya.

    And the hand-holding dream? Tooo cute :)

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Chiada said…

    Awww, what a guy!

    I dream every night and remember my dreams almost every morning. I'd love to tell Hub-E about them, but it gets him all anxious and impatient when I start telling dream stories that, to him, are "too long and full of details".

    Well, HMPH!!!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    That is so cute!

    If it had been me and Tim having that conversation, it would have gone more like this:

    Tim -- Well when I came to bed last night you were already asleep, but you told me that a dog had died, and his name was Rock. And telling me this was clearly one of the most important things in the world to you at the time. So I assured you that Rock would be greatly missed and then rolled over and went to sleep.

    (True story. And I just about die laughing every time Tim retells it.)

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Anonymous cady said…

    aww...that was so sweet. :) what did you think about house?? i loved it! i'm with you on cooking...i was actually going to post about that myself. i'm feeing very uncreative lately too.

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Sue said…

    Aww, what a sweet conversation.

    Hope you are feeling better soon. Are you taking vitamins daily? If not, start. It will help.

    Oh, and keep your hands out of your mouth, nose and eyes. Geez. Didn't your momma teach you right? LOL!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger *~*Cece*~* said…

    I think its the change in weather that's got people sick. My kids & I are sick too.

    That's such a sweet gesture. So didja dream of hand holding? lol Next time tell him to hump your leg while sleeping & see what you dream of!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Nap Queen said…

    That is so sweet! What an awesome man.

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    Awww, how sweet. I bet he feels all tough and manly now knowing that you posted it.

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger J in Ric said…

    hey... did you run that by edgar??? I mean, did you tell him you were blogging that? Guy has a rep to maintain, ya know?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home