The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, November 12, 2007

Be a Star?

I am leaving soon for Newport News, Va for an overnight biznass trip. I am not looking forward to it all that much, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...right? I wanted to make sure I posted just in case my dinner meeting runs late and I forget about posting or something. I doublt I would forget, but I do want to make sure that I have a computer to use.

Half because I think it would be fun to try, half for this blog's sake, I was thinking of going to the open auditions that my gym (different location) is having tomorrow. Here is the link if you want to read the details.

I may have mentioned in a previous post that American Family Fitness likes to use their own employees in ads, but now they are looking for members to be featured. I have no idea what they are looking for and I have never tried out for anything like this before so I thought it might be a good "stepping outside of the box" thing for me to try. I don't have high hopes that they will pick me and that is fine, I just think the entire experience could be interesting and at the very least it would give me some blog-worthy material. The things I do for you, internets.

I applaud American Family Fitness for featuring "real " people with "real" body types in their advertisements. What a positive, healthy outlook they have!

At some point tomorrow between 3-8pm I'll be giving it my best shot...that it unless I chicken out. You think I should try out, don't you? Convince me either way.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Dude.

    Weren't we supposed to do a special post today??

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    I found you through NaBloPoMo...funny thing too, I went to school with Erika of Effected

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    You Can Do It!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    You should so do it!!!!!

    Then send me an autographed photo to display at my desk.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Erin said…

    You should totally do it! And then show us the pictures when you get famous!

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    Do it. You will totally kick ass. And, like you said, it will be a great experience! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    I'll think positive exercise-audition-type thoughts for you tomorrow afternoon!

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Mrs. Higrens said…

    Definitely...go for it! I'll think positive thoughts for you between 3-8. It can't be any worse than when I entered in the County Fair Pageant - coming in 4th out of 4. And a lot less public. But I did get to check off "being in a beauty pageant" from my life experience list.

    Where'd you eat in Newport News?

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    Oh hell yeah you should try!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home